Sunday, December 12, 2010

SNOW RUNS.

i ran in the snow today. YES IT SNOWED IN ATLANTA! with the dog. just a small little 1.32 thing to try and wear the animal out so kyle could watch his redskins in peace. you know i have not run really at all since my marathon. i wanted to start back last week, but i basically lived in the office - seriously, i didn't leave till 7 pm one night. 

needless to say. i am out of shape. but on a lighter note. running in the snow is beautiful. cold. but beautiful. i am so happy i got out and did it (thanks bonnie and mike for suggesting i do it)

i also realized that if i am going to make it in this winter weather i need more nike tights. so i will be stalking the nike site waiting for the day they magically go on sale (because they will at some point) and i will buy a pair or 2.  i also need more long sleeve running shirts and nike has these cute half zip shirt/jacket things that are cute.  ...needless to say i am going to be watching the sale section A LOT once winter comes to an end.

....and on a tangent, if i am going to talk about nike. i still want a pair of nike frees. badly.

with that. i am going to go play with my pup. but snow runs. bundle up and enjoy it. because they really are gorgeous!!

4 comments:

  1. I got out for a snow run here in Atlanta today as well (ok, Gwinnett County) It was really cold with the wind and temps, but I was thinking the same thing - it is gorgeous to run in. I had the park almost to myself which made it quiet as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter that I've lived with snow for 43 years, it's still tough to convince myself to go for a run outside in it. Everytime I do though, I feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running in snow is really not easy for me...So good you find it beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower!!! If we get snow again I'm going to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete