Tuesday, November 30, 2010

what barbies want for christmas.

i feel like an adult. i really do not want anything but money for christmas and with that money i do not want to buy anything but put it into savings because i really want a 4runner.  but if i had to ask santa for things for christmas my list would be...

1. a pair of nike free running shoes.  i am not interested in vibram 5 fingers but i do want to give the minimalist shoe thing a whirl and i have heard great things about the nike frees. size 10. color: while/pale blue-gray. on zappos for $85.00 picture. see right.

2. a personalized wedding dress hanger to hang my wedding dress on [when i get one]. It will make the wedding pictures so much cuter and i am all about personalization and i l-o-v-e this idea.  and i think i would want it to be personalized with barbie + kyle rather than mrs. shanahan since i won't quite be mrs. shanahan yet. [yikes that sounds crazy weird!!] and of course this was discovered on my favorite place ever... Etsy.  Go here to order/check it out.  I would also need a wooden hanger to hang it on.

3. a new RoadID. I somehow, somewhere lost mine. This go around I want the one that attaches to your shoe. (the shoe id).   Therefore I won't take it off and throw it somewhere... it will just stay put on my shoe. I do not care the color, but I want my blood type on this one. After almost being hit by a car this year I just really want as much info crammed on there as possible if my life needs to be saved.  Sounds logical right?!

4. a quesadilla maker. because i love quesadillas and i love easy dinners even more. [when did i become an old lady asking for kitchen items?!]

5.  speaking of being old and wanting household things... i also want an iRobot vacuum or a romba. and I want a NICE vacuum. I think I want the Hoover WindTunnel Pet Rewind Upright ... but those 2 things will end up on my wedding registry.

6. Nike long sleeve running shirts (size medium). This one to be exact. In any of the colors except white.  I also would not mind more Nike running tights (size medium).

7. Do not judge me on this one... but I want Alabama Shoe Slippers. I find them to be hilarious and since my feet are always cold why the heck not?!  How awesome are these?!

8. Bath stuff. From anywhere as long as the bubbles that are made are HUGE. So big they overtake my bathtub and make it hard to read my book!!! I have also heard great things about Joyful Bath Co. as a substitute for Epsom Salt for baths post long runs and I would love a packet to try. I heard they're great for both ice baths and hot baths. I am attracted to the 'Nilla Buttermilk, Green Tea, Gingersnap and Oasty Floatsie. 

9. a weekend at a cabin in the north georgia mountains so kyle and i can escape for a weekend a REALLY take a vacation.

10. A super high tech cool pad for my lap top so it will stop overheating and shutting off.  I like this one and it got super good reviews.

I think that is it... it is weird that I cannot think of things I want for Christmas... I remember as a kid wanting pretty much everything in the Toys 'R Us catalog and now it is hard to make a list of 10 things.... oh growing up....

9 comments:

  1. love your list too! and the idea of the cabin...nice!! and i can remember insanely long lists as a kid. mine are still long-just with more expensive things :):) hope you get it all and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family has learned that I have a strict amazon wish-list, and they are not to buy me anything that is not on that list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Nike frees and I LOVE them. Mine are bright neon green and light blue, I love the gray and blue ones as well, those were my other choice which I contemplated for a while. Seeing them here is making me want them!!

    I have a quesadilla maker also (which I got for Christmas) and we have used it a bunch, but not recently. I need to use it again soon!!

    My list is short but expensive, I want a nice road bike :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Alabama shoe slippers. Love. Extreme Love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atleast you want "real" things, I just want more books - which my family hates! They hate buying them because they're like $15 tops and they don't feel they're good enough presents! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I have frees that I don't run in but use for walking and cross training .... love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the list #7. rocks. Those babies look soooooooooo cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where does one find a quesadilla maker?!?! That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great listing of what you want for christmas! I want also nike running shoes and arteryx jackets. Love it!

    ReplyDelete