Thursday, November 11, 2010

three things thursday.

hi there! sometimes when thursday morning hits i wonder where the week went... but then i remember tomorrow = friday so the weekend is around the corner and i rejoice in it being thursday. :o) 

in common tradition, here are my 3 things for thursday.

{one} last Thursday we learned about a little shake up on the loveliest of the plains (that is auburn university for you non-southerners) dealing with their golden child Cam Newton.  I will say that I hope he is not suspended or whatever because I would like for Alabama to beat Auburn fair and square and I really cannot handle hearing "you only won because our QB was out" for a whole year (sounds like Texas).  but I will say the auburn people are a little sensitive around this matter, but when bama was being investigated about the textbook scandal they were quick to make their witty comments. So when I said "can the NCAA investigate? Yes the CAM" ... it was made as a joke but man did I get attacked. But I am a firm believer that if Alabama came under the same scrutiny over how lets say Ingram or Julio were recruited they would be quick to make sassy comments too.  So basically, if you can't take the heat... stay out of the kitchen. Oh well. Football in the south is a heated matter. but anyway. at this point it is just a rumor. we do not know how much truth is behind the accusations. but really, can cam just go pro after this year? he is kinda good and auburn would be nothing without him.
{two} on the day that i got engaged my friend karly from back home in DC texted me and told me that our mutual friend Amanda (aka Brady) had died in a really bad boating accident on the Rappahannock River (story here). The timing of finding out was kinda unfortunate, but I immediately began thinking about her family, her fiance, and Karly. Brady was part of our REALLY close knit "Logan's Roadhouse Family" and we spent the summers on Karly's boat, going to concerts, working together, and we would always meet up in Knoxville for fun weekends.  Kyle and I didn't trek back up for the funeral but our Logan's co-workers that went said it was a packed church.  Brady passed 4 weeks before her wedding and her family had her buried in her wedding dress.  There is a really popular country song on the radio right now by The Band Perry called "If I Die Young" and they played it at her funeral... I cannot hear the song without crying or getting really sad... and by her facebook wall it appears that I am not the only one.  I feel like that song is now played every hour on the hour and I am kind of ready for the band to release a new single... granted the band and radio have no idea about the feelings around the song, but i feel like it's about time... isn't 5 months too long to have just 1 single out?!
{three} over a quick lunch and pizza i gained another bridesmaid yesterday. crazy Chrissy who will byot (bring your own tequila) is the 2nd bridesmaid of the beautiful group of gals i have selected to be in my bridal party. so the count is officially at: 1 maid of honor, 2 bridesmaids ... 3 more bridesmaids to ask and the bridal party is official.  with the addition of Chrissy it appears that my bridal party is pretty much out of control, crazy wild and intensely awesome. Chrissy could be one of my favorite people in the world and i feel like our actions and phone calls should be recorded and rated on a scale from 1-10 on absurdity. 

....it seems that i do EVERYTHING over food. I have grabbed 2 bridesmaids & a maid of honor over food and have exciting meetings over grub. man i guess it is good that i run because atlanta has some AWESOME places to eat. and with that. i am on to start my Thursday. Have a great day! =)

3 comments:

  1. that's an intense song anyways without having that connection.. can't imagine being buried in my gown, oh heart breaking

    yeah for fun bridesmaids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but so glad to hear there were many people loved her and celebrated her life.
    On another note...
    Congrats on the wonderful bridal party!! You are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss :(

    But, on the bright side, any friend who will BYOT, is a good friend to have!

    ReplyDelete