Monday, November 8, 2010

....for the fun of it.

i had my first run today since marine corps last sunday. 8 days of no running. and it felt so good to just get out and run and lose myself in my music, breathing, strides, etc... ...since deciding mid-marathon that i did not want to do anything disney (no full. no half) i have nothing on my calendar until Ragnar in June and I am thinking about keeping it that way. ...well i will do some local 5ks and 10ks... it just feels good to have no pressure. 2010 has been a crazy year of races.

...it feels good to just get out and run like a kid with no cares and no worries.  too bad the sun is setting early and i cannot out run the sun, so i had to settle for a short run. but it still feels great to get back out there and just run for the fun of it.

3 comments:

  1. So true! It's easy to get sucked into races but sometimes the best runs are the ones we do to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good run for fun. :) Sometimes that is exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ran since Oct 23rd...and I'm planning on getting out there this weekend! I can't wait! It's been far, far too long!

    ReplyDelete