Thursday, November 25, 2010

thanksgiving style. three things thursday.

happy thanksgiving! i hope everyone is having a good holiday with their families and friends. and i hope everyone who ran a turkey trot this morning had a great race!!  and don't worry runners: you can eat all you want today... you'll run it off later.  ...and now onto the traditional 3 thing thursday.

1. since kyle and i are not married we do not do holidays together so we have to separate and take turns with the dog. i have him the first 2 days, kyle gets him the 2nd 2 days. in an attempt to wear the dog out before all 13 people gathered at my house to chow down i took mully on a "run". ok. i have not run more than 3 miles since marine corps marathon and man does it show... after 2 miles i was dead and i couldn't even run 1 mile without stopping to catch my breath. ...looks like i need to start cracking down and start running and working out again.
2. tomorrow is the Iron Bowl.  this is the match up between Alabama and Auburn. This year it is being hosted in the most beautiful stadium in the country on the most beautiful campus - Bryant Denny.  I would be a liar if I said I was not nervous... I sure hope Saban has some tricks under his sleeves to stop mr. cam newton... our young little team makes me nervous.  BUT I am firm believer that you never know what will happen in Bryant Denny. There is something magical and wonderful about that stadium.  Kyle is convinced that Alabama is going to win for 1 reason and that reason is: It has been 19 games since Alabama has lost in Bryant Denny; therefore, Alabama has to win.  Please Alabama, please. I need a win. I would rather have an earned W than a given to us W when the NCAA makes Auburn vacate all their wins when they rule $cam Newton (sorry had to do it) ineligible.  ...and with that Roll Tide Roll :o)
3.  Have you ever looked at the STATS section of your blog.  I just spent like 10 minutes looking at it and it is crazy to see how people are led to my blog... the #1 google search that leads people to me is "girl with the 13 minute mile" ... and even cooler, I found blogs that I had never discovered before but have me linked on their blogroll (thanks!!) and like I really need any more blogs to read, I followed like 10 more today and feel like I need to catch up.  One that I found is inthegym.net and it has everything from playlists to treadmill work outs to race reviews to product reviews... long story short, I am a fan [and will be adding it to my blogroll].  The stats also tracks your peak months (I had A LOT of readers in October) and where people are reading from (the Netherlands... say whaa?).  Crazy cool feature. If you have blogger lose yourself in it... I know you will.

Like I said before, have a rocking thanksgiving!! We all have SO much to be thankful for!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay - I run IntheGym.net and I'm glad you like it especially since I love your bloggie! BUT War Eagle all day every day!!!! Auburn in in the house representing yo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got an Alabama hoodie from an old boss of mine last Christmas. Wearing it now. Beat Aburn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I was Miss Alabama when I was younger I will be rooting for Alabama! Roll Tide Roll!!

    I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving lady :)

    ReplyDelete