Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blast900 - killer workout in Atlanta.

If you're in Atlanta and want a killer workout in 1 hours I have just the thing for you. Holy Moly. Blast900 is structured to burn 900 calories in 1 hour and good grief does it make you work.  This past week they had a Groupon for 3 classes for $25.00 and normally 1 class is $28.00.  Of course, I slacked and missed the deal, but had been intrigued and read countless awesome reviews and wanted to give it a whirl.   I signed up for my 1st class and got up early Sunday morning for what I expected to be a total sweat fest.
Their website advertises on the front main page " Countless scientific studies prove that the most dramatic way to change your body is through interval training, alternating high and relatively low intensity exercise. BLAST900's unique interval-based workout "shocks" the body out of its comfort zone, and has you continually burning calories for the next 24 hours. BLAST is what you're not already getting, but everything you've ever wanted from a workout. It's circuit training meets bootcamp, all grown up. It's THE ULTIMATE WORKOUT. ....and honestly, they do not disappoint. 4 minutes in my body was already feeling it and i was wondering what i had gotten myself into. when on the treadmills they give you the option to work at 3 different levels {walker.jogger.runner. - i was a jogger. the runner was intense} and then for all the floor work they do offer modifications.  but seriously. you're pretty much MOVING for 1 hour straight.

about my killer work out: well. it is a mix of treadmill speed work and hill work and strength training and core work. i started on the floor with kettle ball push ups. i spent the first 10+ minutes working my arms with the kettle ball with a combo of lunges. we then swapped with the treadmills and did speed work, hill work, and endurance building.  i felt at home on the treadmill since i love running. then BAM back to the floor for hand weight work. by this point, my arms, yeah they wanted to fall off. my breathing. totally labored. then back to the treadmill for lots of hills. big long hills. lots of walking for me. then back to the floor for jumping jacks, squats, jumping jack/squat combos. more push ups. (has it been a hour yet!?) then back to the treadmill for running. then back to the floor for core work. and i finished on the treadmill with sprints. 

Just a preview of what it is like you can check out this video:


long story short: we moved around A LOT and it made the time fly by. my legs were shaking by 30 minutes in, 5 minutes in my arms wanted to quit. Christie worked us out. and without hesitation I will say I will be sore tomorrow. I thought being a marathoner meant I was in pretty good shape - ugh not so much.

if you're in Atlanta and looking for a way to change up your normal work out routine try it out.  ...or just try it out if you're not looking to change up your routine. The 1st class is free and well worth it.  I keep debating back and forth if I want to make 2011 another year full of racing or if i want to focus more on quality over quantity and focus on speed and building stamina and strength. but i have decided that i want to make blast900 part of my work out routines. every runner needs interval and strength training right?! :o)

it is kinda pricey at $28.00 per class, but remember your 1st one is free so why not just try it out?! I figure I will do it again. Once I condition my unused muscles it won't hurt as much and something like this and the different transitions can only help my running right?!

2 comments:

  1. I just won 2 classes at a TNT raffle last week. I've been wanting to try it for a while so I am excited! I've been hooked on Pure Barre too. Its another awesome workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that sounds like one hell of a workout! I just signed up for a 4x a week boot camp class and I'm a little nervous about it! I hope it really improves my running, but it's a huge time commitment for me. Enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete