Sunday, July 25, 2010

starting over with marathon training.

to date this month i have only run 17.40 miles. this month starting off so well and i was hoping for a 40+ mile month. life got in the way. work got busy and sadly, i have pushed running to the side. not that marathon training was not always on my mind and important, work just literally sucked my life dry. i ran this past friday and this morning for the first time in almost 3 weeks and man was it hard. i have totally lost my base and everything that i had been building so if i want to run marine corps and not want to die, i need to start over.

so as of today marine corps is 14 weeks away which means I have 97 some days to get ready for it. not as much time as i would have liked, but i have to rebuild my base and my cardio and grow from there. i guess we will see how this all plays out, but i going to start my training from the start but on a modified schedule. i won't push too hard too fast, but once i get back to where i was on july 4th (which was 6 miles easy...) i may add more onto my long runs. and i am going to keep up the weekly friday runs to the office.

wish me luck. starting tomorrow it is gonna be all about telling people no and doing my workouts. if that means no to a happy hour or a dinner that means no. the hardest part is going to be dragging myself out of bed on sunday mornings for my long runs.... bye bye social life for about 3 months.

6 comments:

  1. You can do it, Barbie! Don't let work get in the way. Remember running can relieve stress that work causes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to completely give up social life! Just do your running in the mornings and then you don't have to worry about it taking up all of your time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck good luck good luck!! You will be such a rock star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO hard starting over. I'm with you girl, I am attempting to come back from knee surgery. It's a struggle...but it's mostly mental. I bet you haven't lost as much as you think - you'll get it back in no time! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might be tough, but think about crossing that finish line and how proud you will feel - it will all be worth it!! Good luck getting back out there!

    ReplyDelete