Friday, July 2, 2010

2010 goals check in.

um. did you know it’s july?! i looked at my marine corps training plan and had a mini panic attack. i honestly thought it was still june {which means we would have celebrated my birthday TWICE} but then i woke up from whatever world i have been living in this whole year so far and the panic set in. 10 miler is 4 weeks?! WHAT?!  you know that song that goes “get your booty on the floor tonight, make my day” … well I am thinking “get your booty on the street asap” <—same tune.  …i still have a panicked look on my face and am trying to figure out how i can fit in a run 3 times a week while at work… does 3 pm work?!…

well. lets check in on my goals (written back in December) and where i am… 110% honestly right here too.

  • resolution one: take this thing called running more seriously. actually TRAIN for big events. don't go out and wing it.  -- truth: eh.eh.eh. not training as hard as i would like to be. lets call it a work in progress. my mind has recently clicked to the “oh no” mode, will i run more?!
  • which leads to resolution two: run at the minimum 60 miles per month. do the 10% rule so i do not get injured.   truth: no 60 mile months in 2010 yet. one 44 mile month & 1 50 mile month and lots of 20+ mile months. no 60 milers yet.
  • resolution three: incorporate cross training. swim. row. kick box. take spin classes. I signed up at LA Fitness ... now I just have to use it.   truth: YES! I am doing spin and swimming and i LOVE them both!
  • resolution four: focus on pace and form to get faster. build my endurance. incorporate hill training, tempo runs, speed workouts. focus on long distances. just get faster.  truth: eh.eh.eh. – i have done hill repeats and speed work. not too much faster though. one step at a time right?!
  • resolution five: do more races. focus on finding 10ks rather than 5ks. I am at a point where a 5k is fun, but it is not a challenge for me. I want to be challenged in 2010 ~ shall we call 2010 the year of 10ks?! **don't hear me wrong, I will still run them ... work toward a PR, but I want to focus on distance next year!**  truth: started 2010 off with 1 race per month. got bored with the idea and decided to only run races that i feel are beneficial. plus i’m 26 not 62… i need to save my pennies.
  • resolution six: run a half marathon (or more) and be prepared for it - rock it out!  truth: i have run 1 half marathon (ING Atlanta) and I wasn’t ready. But I have Women’s Marathon Nashville up ahead and I will be ready. Followed my Marine Corps and I WILL be ready!

 

so how are you doing with your 2010 goals?!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work and you will reach your goals soon enough =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on resolution #5. 10k is becoming my favorite distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you are slowly chipping away at those resolutions! You still have 6 months! And your training will be fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete