Saturday, July 31, 2010

july i let you down. sorry.

when july started i thought it was june. i think i need a mental vacation. i looked at my marathon training plan and thought pfew, i am still in the 3 milers. then i realized it was the 1st and we weren’t celebrating my birthday which meant it was not june, it was july. :: hand palm to face ::

july came in with some gorgeous weather. the 1st weekend in july was out of the spring that we missed and all us peachtree road race runners were blessed with great temps. …july ended just as steamy as it should have been. but i am still super thankful for the short blast of gorgeous-ness. (are my monthly recaps turning into weather reports or is it just me?!)

miles and runs and work outs. what really matters. 20.90 miles ran. i was hoping i could report in that i had a great month. my early month outside run and then running the peachtree roadrace wanting to DIE, made me realize i needed to kick it into high gear, FAST! …and i had full intentions of doing so, the beginning of the month was so easy and smooth. i was aiming for a 40 mile month, but work over took my life and i got engaged, was in a bridesmaid in a good friends wedding, and well it was done. i didn’t run really at all in July and there were moments where I felt like I was drowning in pressure from the office. i was working till 5:15 in the office and then till 11 at night at home. working on the weekends. i had moments where i wish i wasn’t expected to work 7 days a week. i started to wonder when my life was going to get back to a point when i could do more than just walk the dog for exercise. i paid the $29.99 for my LA Fitness membership and never made it through their doors. needless to say i got in little to no running in july and i wasn’t unhappy about it – i was annoyed and frustrated. after my run to the office where i could barely go 1 mile, i made the decision to just start back from the start – rebuild my base and just go from there. hopefully it will help and i just have to stay on track…

This month I did 2 spin classes and 1 swim session… not quite enough in my book. but, i did love my time in each swim and spin session so that is a total positive! and i was wickedly sore after each workout. the runs and swims and spins i did do this month I gave it my all so that is good.

my only good break from running: i took a week off from running because i got ENGAGED and was so wrapped up in weddings and excitement and celebrating. Not a planned week off, but it happened and as much as I hate that I didn’t get in any miles that week, I really do not care because I am now on the road to becoming Barbara Ann Shanahan! =)

Also: soon I will have a giveaway for a gift card. Stay posted for details. :o)

wedding update #1: we have not settled on a date. we’re running between march 31 2012, april 7 and april 14 2012. However, we (or…I) have decided on colors. Navy blue, cream, and lavender/lilac. my parents are coming down to Atlanta in a few weeks to check out venues and after that I think the wedding hype will be put on hold for a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment