Sunday, July 18, 2010

do i run? doesn't seem like it.

This month thus far has been an epic fail when it comes to my feet hitting the pavement. I have not run since the peachtree which was July the 4th. Yes, I have a half marathon in September and a full in October. This month has been packed full of exciting events and is not yet over. Granted, celebrating an engagement is reason enough to not lace up, but I was also a bridesmaid in a good friend's wedding and coming up my month is full of housewarming parties and a baby's 1st birthday party.

I know, I know. I need to make time for running and tomorrow I will start making time for it... promise. And I will also find myself in spin class. I am thinking about starting to run to the office on Fridays... that's 6 miles right there.... and Friday's are casual days and I can shower in the gym at the office.

oh.oh.oh. i did get dressed to go run today and then noticed it was pouring down rain. booo....

7 comments:

  1. The Barbie I know can run a marathon with very little training, lol. But, you will treasure and enjoy a race much more when you have weeks of hard training and sweat behind you. I have recently decided to become a morning runner, lol. I get it out of the way and never have to think about it again. Now, get your butt outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. running is about enjoying life and sometimes there are other things that come first...and then there are days where you need a run. You'll get back to it when you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you've got 13 days left in july to get up and get out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days we just need a rest! Hopefully you can get back to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been slacking on my long runs. This week I finally did a 10k. It's time to get SERIOUS. I think summer is hands down the hardest season to train in. There's so much going on.

    And it's not like I got engaged ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank gosh I'm not the only person who does this. I haven't ran in over 2 weeks. I have decided that living in Iowa I'm just going to be a Spring & Fall runner from now on...this humidity is ridiculous!! :)

    I'm your newest follower! :)

    www.MurdocksMama.com

    ReplyDelete