Friday, February 19, 2010

The Crate... continued.


A few days ago I told you that my dog hated his crate. I now have evidence. Please see the pictures included. To the right it is from a distance and to the left it is zoomed in. If you're wondering what happened - let.me.tell.you - he shredded his crate bed in attempt to say I HATE MY CRATE GET ME OUT OF HERE!
I can only imagine what was going through his little puppy brain today. He thanked me for his stick (it's a rawhide treat he gets every morning) ... he ate it ... it was gone - he can eat it in 4 seconds flat ... so he started screaming and barking to get out. No one answered, no one let him out. He slept some because he was super tired. He woke up and said F this mom and day. He then decided it was time to act out and get some energy out. Cue digging a
nd chewing. ...I think Mulligan thought that his Friday should not be spent locked up...
My boyfriend came home to a snow like filled bathroom. I guess Mully was just answering his request for snow and gave it to him in the form of fluff. I got the great honor of sweeping it all up and throwing the bed away. Luckily it was only his $40 Petsmart bed and not his $200+ Orvis one ... now I know why we invested in the "tough chew" indestructible bed.
Puppy for sale. Only 50 cents!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! So sorry you're going through similar puppy destruction as we do. At least twice a week I come home to something else destroyed... carpet, couch, chair, shoes, walls, etc. The crate didn't work for us either. Do you take him running? On days that I run with our pup, he's much better behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I blogged about my dog the whole time we have had him. He is THE WORST running partner. We can barely even take him for walks. I did a dog jog one Saturday with him and was mortified at his behavior and how bad he was. I wish I could have blogged about that event it would have made a lot of people laugh.

    It is good to know that I am not the only one who has struggles though! Too bad we cannot set up puppy play dates!!

    ReplyDelete