Friday, February 5, 2010

This Month.

This month has started off on a bad work out and running foot. Somehow work has once again overtaken my life. Maybe it is because I realized how much (...err how little I billed) last year (...staffing sure was a hard industry to sell in last year) and want to do so so so much better or maybe it is because we were still getting situated in our new office space maybe it is because it has been cold and rainy. Excuses aside, I slacked. I didn't make running and working out in my top 5 priorities and I was content sitting at home watching Season 1 of Dexter with my friend who is a boy. So I want to do better. 2010 is the year of getting serious about this running thing and putting in the time and effort that training for a race deserves. So I will do better.

This month I have set myself some goals. And they are:
1. I want to run 48.94 miles total this month. That will make it my highest miles month in the history of Barbie running. Wahoo. How did I get such a random number you ask? Well, last month I ran 44.49 miles and if I follow the 10% rule that means I have to do 48.94. It makes sense in my mind.
2. I want to PR at the Charles Harris 10k in a few weeks. My last 10k time was 1:21:21 - I want to run this one in 1:10 or less. If you're in Atlanta and available on 2.27.10 - run it. *I just realized that is my 3 year anniversary - what a way to start the morning* ... this run benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma society - a cause that is so close to my heart. So if you're in town I invite you to run with me!!
3. Spin class once per week and swimming once per week. Pilates on Sunday no matter how tired I am. Still working on incorporating cross training into my weekly routine.

Honestly, I think people that get out there everyday and just run no matter what is going on in their life have total dedication and are amazing. People who find that hour plus per day to make it happen are an inspiration to people like me. ...If only one day I am one of those people. Patience young grasshopper. That is all. And I have to start making dinner. I hope everyone has an awesome February of logging the miles and having fun!

4 comments:

  1. If I was in Atlanta I would so do that with you, good luck on your PR and good luck with your other goals too, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie I am signing up for the Charles Harris 10K right...now. Boom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get back to spin class and pilates too!!! Good luck with the goals :)

    Found you while perusing Aron's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. :) I saw that you ran 1 mile under your Training Updates and thanks for being human. I kinda hurt my knee and haven't been able to do my usual 3 or 4 mile easy runs. Instead I have been doing about a mile and have to stop before I aggravate it further. Good luck on your runs!

    ReplyDelete