Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mulligan likes things that are not his.

Simply put... my dog loves things that are not his. Bath mats. Shoes. Jackets. Coke Cans. Pants. Shirts. The list could go on forever. I don't know if he takes things as a way to get attention, but I do know that he has a lot of fun with things that are not his. He knows that he will get a quick spray of Bitter Apple in the mouth to get it back (he is so stubborn and won't drop anything, so we have to). I have decided to share some pictures with you all of some of his favorite things. The always been favorites and the new favorites (ahem, the coke can). Disclaimer: Yes. My dog does have toys. Lots of toys. I can count about 5 on our floor now and then we have a whole closet full. But for some reason he would much rather play with the "no no toys" than his own.

The bathmat: He has always adored the yellow bathmat. Truth be told, he wouldn't if we had disciplined him as a young little pup but how do you tell a 7 week old cutie no when he is dragging a bathmat bigger than him around the apartment. Now, most mornings my boyfriend does not have a bathmat to stand on when exiting the shower. It can be found on our dog's bed. Where is my bath mat you ask? Shredded. Mully destroyed it months ago and I have been too lazy to buy another one for him to rip up.

The coke can: This is a new favorite this week. My company just moved my branch from one building to another. In the move I decided to take home a bunch of regular coke to Kyle since no one in my office was going to drink it and I knew he would. Kyle pulls some out, drops one, and here comes Mulligan ... running across the living room to pick it up and play with it. After letting him kick it around the living room, bite at it, run with it in his mouth, and taking a few pictures it dawned on me ... what happens if this coke can bursts?! Duh. We would have brown liquid everywhere. So, we had to grab the infamous Bitter Apple and take it away. Honestly, 3 days later I an unsure if that coke has been touched yet. I know Kyle was going to hold off a few days.

Momma's Pants: another fun toy for Mully are my comfy over sized flannel pants ... stolen from Kyle's closet. Many mornings you can find Mulligan chomping on the pull strings. Sure yes, this is another parenting mishap ... I always let him munch on the pull strings of my hooded sweatshirts, but I never thought he would take the love of those and much on any tightening strings. These pants also have holes in many locations from midday snacks and him playing too rough. Of course, my motto seems to be, whatever makes him happy and makes for a good pictures. ....Cue bitter apple, I got the pants back.

Shoes: probably his ultimate favorite. I don't know if he likes the taste of rubber in his mouth or what, but he loves loves loves shoes. His personal favorite are boots. He likes to bite and hop on them while they are still on your feet. He loves my Uggs and Kyle's Timberland's. He also loves flip-flops, my boat shoes, heels, and rain boots. He loves the rain boot - I wish I had a picture that shows all the teeth marks from him going to town. You know, it would be a lot smarter if I would just put the shoes in the closet but I always kick them off by the front door. Of course, bitter apple calms him for a moments time.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Mulligan loves things he is not supposed to love, but he does have his favorite toys as well. But how does a dogs toy make for a good story? I don't think it does ... so I doubt you will ever hear about the tennis ball on a rope. You may hear about his bell ball - but only because my boyfriend will knock down a light at some point or I will crack my head open by being pushed over. But that will all be for another date, if and when it happens. For now you got to learn about 4 things he loves... but shouldn't! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment