Saturday, January 2, 2010

Disney Marathon Goals - race and recovery.

I think it is good to have goals. I have listed out my 2010 goals and now I want to get in the mindset of Disney World Domination.

So here are my hopes and dreams about the actual race.
  • In 33 minutes I want to have run 3.2 miles (5k)
  • In 1 hour and 15 minutes, I want to have run 6.1 miles (10k)
  • at mile 13.1 be at 2 hours and 54 seconds. That is the time that I finished my half marathon (Nike) in. ...ideally I would like to beat that since there won't be any killer hills, but due to my lack of training, I want to be realistic.
  • Finish the race in 5 hours. ...if I can do it in less, that would be phenomenal ... but I want to be done in 5 hours.
  • Personal: get lost of pictures on course. I have my mom, dad, branch manager, and her fiancee cheering me on.

Post race goals:

  • not stop running after the race - do the recovery miles. I have a full marathon recovery plan thanks to team in training.
  • start incorporating the cross training, spin classes, swimming, etc... into my weekly work out routine.
  • START TRAINING FOR ING ATLANTA - HALF!

This will probably be my last post until my race report. SO! Happy New Year! Wish me luck! Thanks for all the love!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Barbie! Enjoy your Disney experience and have a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun Barbie. I'll be running Disney as well with my sister (her first). Can't wait for it to get here already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! Finishing a marathon is something 95 percent of the people in the world (I just made that percentage up, but it could be true) never accomplish. So be proud of yourself. When you pass the 13.1 mark, do a little cheer for yourself as a small way to celebrate the longest distance you have ever run! (Oh and HYDRATE a lot as you run!)

    ReplyDelete