Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Recap.

One of my resolutions that I made was to everyday right down what I was thankful for and then I wanted to do a "monthly recap" of the biggest things I am thankful for from the month that just passed. So, let me begin.
  1. The fact that I ran a marathon. I am so thankful for the fact that I have been given the ability to walk, run, skip, everything. ...It is something that people take for granted every day and it was something I realized after I ran, walked, and skipped 26.2 miles.
  2. I am wickedly thankful for my family and office mates/people I work with. My Mom, Dad, Branch Manager, and her fiancee trekked to Orlando with me to watch me run a marathon in 20 degree weather. It really makes you realize that you are loved and there are people who want to support something you really love doing. I also had so many messages of congrats/I am proud of you/you have motivated me to do one messages from people at my company. My co-workers also PUSH me to get out the door at run for a hour during work hours. If I don't it is because I am lazy!
  3. My boyfriend. As much as I complain about him, he does support my running goals and ambitions. He doesn't complain about late dinners anymore and he 100% understands when I want to run an 8am race or hit the gym after work. I think this would be so much harder without him.

Onto another topic. Back in December I decided to set some twenty.ten running and working out goals. So, how did I do? ...Ehh okay, not the best, but it could have been a lot worse. But I am not going to beat myself up over it... this was only month one. I didn't run the 60 miles I had hoped to (I ran 44.49) but that was the highest miles ever for me - so that is an accomplishment. I have started to work in cross training - not as much as I want to - but I have started to. Spin class, rocks. Do it. Love it. Embrace it. (I go on Thursdays at LA Fitness in Buckhead ... join me!) ...I have not done hill training, I slept through my first 10k of the year -- but I needed the sleep more than the miles TRUST ME -- but I have tried to work on pace. ...Runners World just has put me at a slower than I would like pace. I will just have to have a little more dedication next month. And well... now that my office is fully moved into our new space, I will be able to get out for some mid-day runs!

I am not going to look at January as a failure because I have not stuck to my resolutions, but a milestone because I ran my first ever marathon. :) :) :) ....February will be better! I can feel it!

4 comments:

  1. January was a tough month for running! I figured it would be one of my top months since running the Goofy would give me a 40 mile weekend but it turned out to be just about average.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your marathon was huge, who cares if you didn't do as much as you wanted in January? You will rock February and that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 44.49 miles is nothing to sneeze at with a busy schedule like yours. I know everyone says it, but I have found this month for myself that making a schedule on Sunday and sticking to it (while being flexible when needed) has really made a huge difference. I'm super proud of your Barbie. Also, my goal for February is to run a 10k with you so let me know what we are running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a tremendous month, whether you realize it or not. First marathon, great. 44.49 miles in one of the coldest and wettest Januaries we've had in years, awesome. Focus on gratitude, absolutely amazing. What you focus on, expands. If you keep this focus on gratitude, you will just find more and more to be grateful for! I see amazing things coming for you, my friend. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete