Thursday, April 9, 2015

gratitude #15 :: spring is here

 

hellospring

As you can tell – I am jumping ahead! I figured, it would be OK and appropriate to jump ahead since it is officially spring,

I once saw the quote, “my favorite weather is bird chirping weather” and I don’t know who said it or wrote it but it could not be more accurate. 

Spring could be my favorite season.  I am not going to say the cliché I am grateful winter has ended and we have nice weather … in fact, I may not even mention the term grateful. Simply because I don’t know what I am grateful about spring.

But I will say I love spring weather. I love that it is not too hot and not too cold. I love the crispness of the mornings and the evenings. I love when I can pull out the flip flops and sandals. I love that spring signifies the start of months of puppy play dates and weekend mornings on the greenway with my family and nightly dog walks and Friday night wine nights on the back porch under the stars and weekend coffee on the porch with a good book.

Maybe I am grateful for all that? Maybe I am grateful that spring signifies the start of getting out of the house more and seeing our neighbors more? Maybe I am grateful for sandal weather because I can get more pedicures? ….but I can say that I am thankful that the cold weather is behind us and spring signifies pretty weather!  WAIT! I TOTALLY SAID I WOULDN’T SAY THAT. Le Sigh.

What about spring are you grateful for?

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you! I need more sunshine in my life!

    ReplyDelete