Wednesday, September 5, 2012

oh. how pinteresting. killer workout.

I am notorious for pinning workout ideas on pinterest and then NEVER EVER EVER doing anything with them. I decided to change that this past weekend and pulled out what appeared to be a workout that would make me sweat and Holy Moses it did.

I just took a screenshot of this picture on my phone and toted it around the gym with me so I knew what I needed to do and when.

workoutBlond Moment: When I looked at the cardio plan, I thought hey that won’t be SO bad ... and then I realized {while at the gym mind you} that I was doing 60 minutes – 1 HOUR – of cardio before having to do anything else.

Hi. Hello. I workout for like a hour max and then I am dunzo. So this workout was a step up from my normal workouts.

I ended up modifying the cardio bit because I really HATE the elliptical. So, I did 30 minutes on the tread and then 20 on the elliptical and then 20 on the bike. By the time I hit the bike I was sweating and ready to quit. But, I still had arms. Oh arms.

When I moved onto the arms I was tired. But I figured I had not yet used my arms so how bad can it be. Well, they started hurting near the end of the bicep curls because I ever ever use my arms. Some were easier than others {easier: rows, bicep curls. harder: triceps kickbacks and bench press} needless to say – I was happy that bit ended.

The Legs + Booty part made my want to SCREAM after all that cardio. The lunges and squats and then calf raises. Goodness. Me. The words I could have said. hated.this.part.wanted.to.die.wanted.to.puke.wanted.to.die.

And I was TIRED when I had to lay my butt down for abs. So tired that I wanted to just lay there. And I did, for a bit and then I crunched and crunched some more.

And, I did not do that cool down – I cannot stand on my head for 30 seconds, let alone 5 minutes. And... wouldn’t all the blood rush to your head after like 3 minutes?!  My cool down consisted of some stretching, refilling my water, breathing, and getting the heck out of that gym.

Overall Review: Killer. Awesome. Totally felt it the next day. Will do again. But it will be a weekend workout since it takes so much time. I totally had to Google some of the workouts to figure out what they were and how to do them. But since I am working to get back to how I looked BEFORE my wedding I think this is an excellent addition to my FlyWheel and Blast900 obsessions and the treadmill runs that I suffer through! :)

ohhowpinteresting


.this is totally not the point of the Oh, how Pinteresting Link up that I am linking up with but I don’t care. I found the workout on Pinterest (like many girls do) and decided to actually for real try it. So, rather than just positing pretty pictures, I posted a picture and reviewed it. BAM. that is my version of Oh, How Pinteresting for the week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow girl- you are gonna kick yourself into shape quick! I think I have that same thing pinned on my Fitness board. I hate that elliptical too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing! i’m going to add this back to me workouts once i have the go ahead on my foot again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would kill me is legs & booty part. 30 lunges and 30 squats...no thanks!

    ReplyDelete