Sunday, April 8, 2012

{ Total Random Weekend Post }

I am sitting here watching Mary Poppins when I should be going to the grocery store to pick up potatoes for our dinner tonight and I am contemplating heading to Target to get myself a Justin Bieber singing toothbrush {my friend Heather got one for Easter and it is amazing} and I need to go to both Kohls and Pier 1 to return wedding presents that were not on our registry and that were duplicates of things / things we don't have room for  .... but I am just distracted.  I am LOVING the down time.  I am loving not doing anything - but I know midweek I am going to kick myself for being so lazy.

I spent all day yesterday re-opening wedding presents and washing dishes { 4 loads ... hello high water bill } and reorganizing our kitchen ... but I cannot do that anymore this weekend since it is Sunday and our trash can is already full and the trash men don't come till Thursday!  Yikes.  And the boxes stacked up by the door.  Double Yikes.  We are seriously loved and have amazing and generous friends and family members!

And yesterday I got every single thank you note written from our wedding and gifts received before the wedding.  Now I am just waiting on our stamps to make it to us to get them all mailed out.  We even got a thank you note thanking us for the invite to the wedding and the welcome bag that was given to her when she checked into the hotel.  Seriously - some people are so sweet.

Worst part of the thank you notes -- it made me feel even worse for not saying hello to everyone and giving everyone more of my time.  I feel like I need to write people thank you for coming and sorry I was a horrible bride notes to people.  Everyone is telling me not to worry about it ... but legit, I feel HORRIBLE.

I am heading to Austin Tuesday night and I need to start packing for that.  But I feel like we're not even unpacked from St. Lucia yet... but we are. 

And I am getting really anxious!  I want my photo disc from our photographer so I can start posting them all on Facebook, I know the photos are done ... I am just waiting on the disc and we all know patience is not one of my finest virtues.

I guess on the topic of pictures I will go work on selecting the pictures for our photobook! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment