Sunday, April 22, 2012

…And the Wedding Saga Continues

I REALLY thought that March 24, 2012 would mark the end of me being a victim of my wedding planner/coordinator’s ….. inability to keep things straight/do things/whatever.  And I am going to say that I do not know for a fact that this new development is her fault, but I am going to say despite her telling me she “mailed it” … I just don’t know.

Our Marriage License.  It is MIA.  Well…. was MIA.  Kyle had to go to the courthouse and get a new marriage license that we then had to send off to our minister in Tennessee and once we get it back, Kyle is going to WALK it into the courthouse to ensure we at some point become legally married.

You see… all this “fun” started on March 25th.  I noticed that I did not have my marriage license in the plastic bins of all our other wedding stuff.  So I emailed our planner asking where it was?  She then told me she had it and she would take care of mailing it. {me being the control freak, wish I had know this and I could have said no no no, I will mail it myself.  But I didn’t know}  … I trusted her.  I thought, how hard can it be to put something in the mail?  I had even put a stamp on it thinking our minister had to mail it.

Well.. we got back from our honeymoon and then a week passed and NOTHING. So I call the courthouse only to learn that we had to mail in a check for a certified copy of the application and license for name changing purposes.  So I did just that – on a Tuesday.  The following day my phone rang and it was the Probate Court telling me that “we have no record of the marriage” …. SAY WHAT?!  So I of course, called the planner, who assured me that she mailed it after the wedding. 

Right.

So. I gave it a few days. And still nothing.  That is when Kyle spent his lunch break getting a new marriage license ($10).  Then I had to UPS the replacement to our minister with a packing slip back to us ($50 total) …. and then the like $50 it cost us to get the marriage license in the first place  …. so one license to GET MARRIED AND MAKE IT LEGAL has cost us $110. UN.REAL.

And of course… I cannot “blame” her … or make her pay for all this chaos because she claims she mailed it.  But it is still annoying and seeing how despite my email address having my name in it she still sent me the invoice & wedding plans for the wrong bride … I cannot help but wonder if she misplaced it in the chaos of the wedding day.

We joked that we would just go to the courthouse and get married but we already put me on his insurance with the wedding date of march 24th …. so we’re just going to wait it out.  At some point I will be legally married and be able to change my name.  Just not anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment