Sunday, April 15, 2012

my new project– pinterest recipes

So!  The day after Kyle and my wedding we were talking to his step-mom Cory and she mentioned that since the wedding was over I would have so much more time on my hands and I needed to find a new project.  ….well attacking the wedding room would for sure be a project in itself {and yeah. I am still working on that.} but I decided to take take my LOVE for Pinterest and make that into a project.

And well, Kyle and I were spending a lot of money eating out on the weekends and we want to get our spending under control so we can start saving more and saving for our first house.  So… Sundays are now “Pinterest Recipe Day” in our house.

Last weekend was kind of a dud.  But tonight – oh so good.  I made a Spicy Chicken Rigatoni dish and is was delish!  So delish I wanted to share the recipe with the few readers I have – because it was quick and easy and can for sure be a weeknight meal. And the best part is that most of the ingredients are things that are very common in houses. 

dinner!

 

…The Ingredients….

  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 Tbs crushed red pepper
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 Tbs chopped garlic {I didn’t chop – I just used our press thing and it worked just as well}
  • 6 oz chicken, sliced  {I used 2 chicken breasts … it was easier for me}
  • 3/4 cup. Marinara sauce
  • 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
  • 2 tsp butter
  • 1/4 cup peas {…and I did like 1/2 cup of peas}
  • 1 lb Rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions

…Directions…

  1. In a sauté pan {I actually used our big huge wok pan thing … made it really easy to make the sauce}, heat oil over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and garlic and sauté just long enough for garlic to caramelize and red pepper to release flavor into the oil. Add sliced chicken and sauté briefly to coat in spices and garlic.
  2. Add Marinara Sauce first and then Alfredo Sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce esthickens slightly and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°. Turn off flame, add butter and peas and incorporate into sauce.
  3. Drop cooked pasta in boiling water for 3 seconds. Let drain for 15 seconds. Toss with the sauce. Place pasta and sauce in pasta bowl, reserving the majority of the chicken to be placed on top of the pasta. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any remaining sauce from the pan to the pasta. Garnish with crushed red pepper and serve.

Total Disclaimer so I don’t get sued or anything scary like that {remember… we’re trying to save money} This recipe & the picture above came from Tastebook … but I for real do recommend this dish.  It does have a little kick to it so if you’re not a fan of spicy things then you may want to pass.  But, this will be made in our house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment