Saturday, August 28, 2010

marine corps marathon goals.

with marine corps being too close for comfort and many people talking about the race on twitter, i decided this is a GREAT time to set some goals and focus in on them. so without further ado, goals for marine corps marathon 2010.

start slow. don't like the excitement get to me. remember to pace myself. remember to breathe in and out. remember that i have to finish.
5k: 33 minutes. (10:18 pace)
10k: 1 hr 10 minutes (11:17 pace)
10 miles: 2 hours (12:00 pace)
half way, 13.1: 2:35 (11:49 pace)
:: i figure this is where i am gonna start really slowing down and moving slower and going to have to really start pacing myself ::
beat the bridge: the bridge is right before the 20 mile mark and is raised. if you do not make it to the bridge by the time it is raised you pretty much fail. you're not allowed to finish. i must be at the bridge at the latest by 4 hours and 4o minutes (14:00 pace even). i will write 4:40 somewhere on my body to push myself there. i will beat the bridge. honestly, this is the thing that is scaring me the most.
last 6.2: dedicate 1 mile to 1 person. run that 1 mile for them so it will push me to keep going and keep me from walking too much.
finish time: 5:40 (12:40 pace)

so who am i gonna dedicate each mile to for the last 6.2? I will let you know when I know. It will probably be game time decisions and you'll find out in my race recap. until them... happy training to everyone that is aiming for the marine corps medal. :o)

i finished disney in 5:53:21 which was a 13:29 pace... so I am hoping to shave off 13 minutes...

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good plan, gal! You will make it to the bridge in time, I know you will! That last 10k will be the toughest! Pick your people wisely, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will rock the marathon and make it to the bridge on time. Always believe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are your plans as far as long runs leading up to MCM?

    there are SO many people at MCM and lots of people will be trying to beat the bridge closing - if it is a close call, you will have lots of support from others to motivate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be able to beat the bridge! Your plan has you plenty on track even if you slow down a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really good goals - very realistic. MCM is such a good time. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete