Tuesday, August 10, 2010

for my 100th post i will not talk about running.

I have decided to do my 100th blog entry on something OTHER than running. Over the past 99 entries I really have not given you any insight on my life and who I am besides my running woes, plans, goals, setbacks, upcoming races, race reviews, and victories. So, I have seen a lot of people do this so I am going to copy them. I have stolen my format from Runner’s Rambles and here I go.

10 things about my past
1. i grew up right outside of washington dc in fairfax county – a town called burke to be exact. heard of it? didn’t think so. I could not wait to get out of that place. …now we’re talking about going back. odd.
2. i once had a guy buy me a fish and write swedish on it because he was my “secret valentine” for a church thing. he knew i liked swedish fish, but didn’t know they were a candy. he knocked on my door and left the dead fish on my front porch. it was awkward but funny at the same time.
3. i used to be a blonde. i sometimes think about going back to a dirty blond but i always chicken out. plus it takes way too much upkeep and i am too lazy
4. my first ever job was at starbucks (before it was cool) and i hated coffee. 4 or so years later i quit because i was tired of making frappachinos and people complaining about too much foam on their latte or their latte not being hot enough. i left with a love for coffee.
5. my freshman year of college was spent at a super small college in north carolina called wingate. it was less than awesome so i transferred to alabama. best.decision.ever. that place is more than awesome.
6. summer 2006 was by far the best summer of my life. if i could relive that summer in tuscaloosa every year, i would. i was surrounded by an awesome group of people and we just had FUN!
7. growing up i did just about every sport imaginable – soccer, softball, swim, dance, gymnastics but i never really stuck with any of them longer than 2 or 3 years. why? i do not know.
8. when i was graduating college, my mom took me suit shopping for the big bad interviews – i cried in the middle of banana republic because i thought a suit made me look fat – now, i am super comfortable in a suit, think i look sharp, and love banana republic suits
9. i used to have a pepto bismol pink bedroom. it was so pink you could see it glow down the hall.
10. when my parents were wallpapering our house they hired the “wallpaper man” and he would always eat breakfast with my brother and me and watch “gummie bears” on disney with us. i do not know why i remember this, but i do…


10 things about my personality
1. i am ocd
2. i am sassy and i love it!
3. friends are such an important part of my life & i will stand up for my friends in a heart beat.  
4. i am a girly
5. i try to look at the glass half full
6. i love with my whole heart
7. i am way to judgmental
8. i am impatient
9. i am a hard worker
10. i am blunt and to the point

10 random facts about me
1. i hate wire coat hangers – they make me so ansy and jumpy. i just hate them. i also like to put blue shirts on blue hangers and yellow clothes on yellow hanger and so on and so forth. OCD maybe? yikes.
2. i bleed crimson & white. i will (and do) talk trash to everyone when it is football season
3. i cannot go to petsmart on the weekends because i always end up crying over the dogs who need a home … one of these days i am going to be putting in an application for another rescued pup
4. i am absurdly obsessed with music and discovering new artists that would be great for window down driving and running … i spend way too much money on iTunes
5. i feel the most comfortable in kyle’s flannel pj pants (size xl) and a tee shirt
6. i have the weirdest obsession with wrapping paper and wrapping presents  … hallmark has the best wrapping paper and ribbons.
7. when i know it is going to rain, i like to coordinate my outfit to my umbrella
8. i am 26 years old and still have not parted with my baby blanket … i probably never will. on the weekends, i walk around the apartment with it. just call me linus.
9. i love cookbooks, reading them, looking at the pictures, collecting them, salivating over meals that look great, but i have never cooked from them. i only cook from the recipes my dad gives me, the ones he types up and punches holes in for my recipe binder.
10. sometimes when i am out running i have a sudden urge to do cartwheels.

10 dreams/goals
1. to retire on a lake somewhere – i want the lake to have a big porch and a fire pit and be on a hill that looks down at the dock and water.
2. get married (eek… it’s gonna happen!!)
3. to make a difference in just one persons life
4. to be an alabama season ticket holder
5. to watch alabama win a national championship … in person.like me in the stands, shaker in hand.lose my voice.in person.
6. build a house with habitat for humanity
7. travel europe (london. italy. ireland. scotland. germany. switzerland.) i have no desire to go to france though
8. get my boyfriend to run a 5k with me
9. to zip wire over a rainforest
10. i want to own a house, with a big porch and great patio furniture with lots of land so i can have lots of puppies and they can have lots of land to roam and play.

10 things i love
1. kyle j
2. my dog - mulligan
3. music
4. classic designers like burberry and tory burch
5. netflix – when they aren’t sending me crappy dvds.
6. wrapping paper
7. patios
8. clean sheets
9. sundresses
10. massages


10 things i love to do
1. play guess who and connect four by candlelight with my kyle j
2. outdoor concerts with good friends
3. sunday afternoons … doing nothing but laying on the couch watching tv (lifetime mainly) 
4. sit on patios
5. naps
6. make to-do lists … back to my ocd tendencies
7. shop and find great sales
8. spend the day at the spa
9. bubble baths with a good book
10. a good run after a bad day


10 things i hate
1. red wine
2. mud
3. two faced people
4. dirty dishes
5. inconsistency
6. bugs
7. timid drivers
8. the fact that spin class is so popular
9. the color orange
10. comcast and their crappy internet


10 places i have been
1. nova scotia
2. baton rouge louisiana
3. orlando florida
4. sanibel island florida
5. Knoxville tennessee
6. quebec canada
7. Boston massachusetts
8. kennebunkport maine
9. new orleans louisiana
10. san francisco california


10 things i am proud of/thankful for
1. i am a marathoner
2. graduating college in under 5 years (barely but i did it)
3. my awesome and supportive family and boyfriend
4. i ran my first half marathon with the leukemia & lymphoma society and raised $5000 doing it
5. my career
6. my teeth (weird, i know)
7. i have had a spotless driving record for over 3 years now
8. my great great friends
9. my awesomely supportive blog followers
10. my new found ability of balancing a checkbook & saving money

and there you go. now you know a little bit more about me! :o)

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the hating comcast thing :)

    enjoyed this, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swedish Fish...OMG. I love this whole post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have my first stuffed animal, Bunna (aptly named as she's a rabbit), and she sits on my side table. She also comes on vacation with me - you know, in case we get robbed - and has been known to sleep with me if I'm having a crappy time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I hear ya about doing the cartwheels :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That swedish fish thing. Too freaking funny! Love this list. I think I am going to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep meaning to do this. Now that you've done it, I suppose I have to (Barbie v Erin!!!)! LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 things I hate - Comcast? Why? Maybe I can help. I work for the company.
    Thanks,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - comcast commented on your blog. Cool.

    I LOVE LOVE these posts. Maybe I'll do one for a major milestone soon. I have all sorts of comments, but I'll try to keep it to a few:

    RED WINE!?!??! Really!?!? man, I don't know about all of that.

    I'm with you on the wire coat hangers though

    Funny how we go full circle on where we are from. Being in Iowa this past week totally made me think of that too

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW X 2 - COMCAST? Man, if that's all it took....I am no longer allowed to have my name on the comcast bill because for some reason they can't keep any of my account fine but my roommate has no problem. So I agree!!
    You should be VERY proud of the money you raised and the marathons. :)
    Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete