Wednesday, May 5, 2010

birthday wish list.

my quarter life crisis is ending soon – not that I really had a quarter life crisis, but i still like to use that phrase. i will be 26 on june 1… 4 years closer to 30, then 10 years closer to 40 … why can’t I be Peter Pan?!   I have decided to let all my blogger friends what I want for my birthday.  And yes, if you want to buy me anything I will provide my address – just do not stalk me and show up at my front door unannounced.  Thanks!

  1. I really want a pair of recovery socks.  I see people sporting them all the time post race and I have heard they do wonders.  I have even heard of people running in them, but I feel like my poor legs would get too hot too fast, so I would love to have them in the after race packed bag.  And yes,  I do want Pink.  Duh.
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my foam roller. Literally, I use it for every ache and pain – running & non running related.  I probably love it more than my stick and I would love to upgrade to The Grid.  When I was asking around about foam rollers vs. the stick – foam rollers won hands down & 7 out of 10 (I am not sure that stat is legit, it just sounded cool) people recommended The Grid.  Yes, I love my $14.50 Gold’s Gym foam roller from Walmart (my dog thinks it is a toy and likes to protect me from the rolling action by sitting on my legs) but I think I would love the “beat me up” grooves of The Grid.
  3. A new pair (err… more pairs) of running shoes (brooks ravenna) size 10 please (yes. i have huge feet).  BUT, they have to be the awesome blue, silver, and lime color.  I know you’re not supposed to pick your running shoe based on color and I am not – it is just that rumor has it this color scheme is being discontinued this month and if I can stock up, it would be great.  If not, I will still run in them in the new colors.
  4. Socks to run in! I swear by Wigwam Ironman Pro socks but at $12.00 a pair I do not have nearly enough.  I did have enough when my boyfriend did laundry EVERY Sunday but now it is touch and go.  These socks have the perfect amount of padding on the heels and toes, breathe just right, and I have never ever blistered in these bad boys.  Oh yeah, size medium.
  5. Nike Tempo Shorts. Medium. Any color. These are the only shorts I wear when I run (with the exception of the 2 pairs of Under Armor shorts I bought before discovering Tempo Shorts).  I actually wear these just about anywhere I can – the office?  I would if I could!!
  6. While we are talking about running attire, I really want these Lululemon shorts (in every color, including the black and white plaid) with a matchy matchy Lululemon tank.  Honestly, a gift card to Lululemon would go a long way since I love that store, but refuse to buy full running outfits due to money.
  7. I really need a new pair of headphones for my runs.  My iPod buds work well, but if/when one falls out or I have to take it out to give directions I can never get it back in right.  After reading many blog reviews I want a pair of Yurbuds.  Evidently they stay in your ears and you also do not have to play your music as loudly because, well I do not know why, but that is what I have heard. 
  8. Treadmill reading material.  Runners World is my normal long car ride reads and recently I have discovered Women’s Running which I am falling in love with too.  I would love subscriptions to both.

Happy Birthday to Me super super soon!   I will be home in the DC Area for the big day and I have high hopes of running part of the Marine Corps Marathon course.

What is on your runners wish list?!

7 comments:

  1. Well good to know I was on the right track with your birthday present. Bahaha you have to wait until June to find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foam roller...fantastic one!


    Cheers from HK!

    ¨XTB¨

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you try the Yurbuds, take a look at BudFits. I LOVE these things. I use them most all the time. Cleaning house, running, under a motorcycle helmet. Now my hub is using his own set. And now, I not the President of the club, too.

    http://www.amazon.com/Innovelis-B-10-BudFits-Stealth-Black/dp/B0019S4KLC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273154087&sr=8-4

    http://www.budfits.com/

    And happy birthday!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. OLD!!!! Just kidding, happy birthday. I think the people who are in their late 20s(me) have to give shit to the people who join the ranks.

    Can I have PRs on my running wish list? If not, then I would want a camelback. AZ summers are a pain in the ass.


    (btw - can't remember if I mentioned, but I have you in my reader now!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a foam rolling addict. I love it love it love it. Let us know how you like the Grid!
    Elle
    www.bodywindow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recovery socks... loveeee them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Barbie! Just started following your blog....my wish list is to get on track and get some races scheduled!!! Then I'll get jazzed up with new gear haha

    ReplyDelete