Sunday, April 11, 2010

slacker.

With me just signing up for the Marine Corp marathon one would think that I would jump in feet first and hit the road running. Not so much. This past week I ran a measly 3 miles. I even got called out by my Dad and was told that "good marines run 3 miles in their sleep before waking up in the morning". I had great intentions of really running this week but then like always work got in the way (I was working till 11pm one night this week. eek) and I never quite fit it in and I am currently in no shape to run right now. (Tin Lizzy's, friends, and the patio took a toll on me)

I even wanted to start the 200 sit up challenge thing this week and only did 1 day of it. Really, I could have done it while watching TV at night, but the couch and my bed were just so much more comfy.

This week I am really going to try my best kick it into high gear. I am running a 5k on Saturday through my brother's neighborhood and it is hella hilly plus, I have a printed out training schedule for Marine Corp that I need to follow. Didn't I want to have another 50+ miles month?! I have a goal of running Marine Corp in 5 hours (give to take a few minutes). So last week I brought my running clothes to work everyday but never used them - it will be different this week - I will try my best to pull myself away from the computer at work for just a hour and run. wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. I find that if I force myself to take 30 minutes away from my work or class that I usually end up continuing longer than I would have thought. For me, it's not a huge difference if I wait 30 minutes to eat dinner, go to sleep, meet friends, etc. Maybe you could try just throwing your workout clothes on and setting your watch for ten minutes; you'll probably start relieving that stress right away and keep moving longer than you thought you would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with beth on this one. Sent you a tweet offering a run this morning since I was having motivation issues. Once I got moving, it was one of the best workouts I've had lately. You can do this. Just get the first steps out the door, and you're on your way! Keep us posted - we'll keep you accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie, I'm linking this to my blog and updating the score. Barbie- 2, Erin-1. Get your ass in gear, baby ;) I kid, I kid. We all have those times and its just like starting any new habit. The first couple of weeks are the toughest but once you settle into a routine, it is so much easier. You got this!

    ReplyDelete