Thursday, April 22, 2010

work vs. running - fight to the death.

My brain is so past fried. I just tried to sign into blogger with the user name "blogger". Very wrong, that is not my user name.

It is pushing 10:00 pm and I am just now signing out of work. This is the 2nd night in a row. This happened twice last week. We are slammed at the office and lacking manpower. I am doing two jobs at once. My head spins for the 9 hours I am clocked in. There is no such thing as a break, you want lunch? You bring it or run downstairs and grab something to eat at your desk as you work. Listen: I am in no way shape or form complaining. I am so past grateful for a job and for a job I enjoy.

I work in the staffing industry. I work on the sales side. So as I bring in clients who need jobs filled it is imperative to get those jobs FILLED. If they get filled, I make more money. If they do not get filled, I do not make more money and then I have to beg for another chance. SO! I have been trying my best to fill jobs and sell and fill jobs. Everyone in my office has a head that is spinning and we're all moving 4 million miles per hour... my scheduled 3pm run is just not happening and it needs to be.

I have this crazy idea that I want to be prepared to The Marine Corps Marathon. I started off this week on a great foot. I ran my scheduled run on Monday and then life went crazy at the office. I was unable to leave early today for my weekly spin class. My 5 miler that was scheduled yesterday, yeahh about that.

I am at a total loss on what I am supposed to do. Kyle and I have it worked out that he hits the gym Monday & Friday and I get the gym Tuesday & Thursday (that is, if I can escape the office by 4:45pm). I have it on my calendar to run EVERYDAY at 3pm I just cannot seem to pull away from the computer. I have been taking the dog on long walks to keep the cardio up (as much as walking does) but unfortunately he is not quite the running pal so we run a teeny tiny bit and then go back to a walk.

I guess I am just overwhelmed. I have an 8miler scheduled for Sunday. I guess we shall see how that goes!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like my training has gone to hell in a hand-basket this month due to work and personal related issues so I feel ya!
    Hope things calm down soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things settle down for you soon and that you can get back to your training schedule!

    ReplyDelete