Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Marine Corp Marathon – Imma runnin’

Today the registration for the 35th annual Marine Corps Marathon opened up at noon. I rushed back to my office this morning from a sales appointment I had Downtown to get ready to register to run. I had just as many nerves signing up as I do when approaching the start line on actual race day.

Long story short – I am IN!  Evidently, this is a popular race that fills up quick and they were not joking.  Last I heard there was 11,676 people registered (and that was at like 4:00 pm today)  …. 8,550 people registered in the 1st hour… so I guess this is a pretty big deal!!

I think it is funny because after running Disney my mom mentioned that I needed a 26.2 sicker for my car and I told her “nah” since I was never going to run another marathon again.  I proclaimed the same thing on my blog and I was told by many people to rethink it and that they knew I would do another one eventually.  But one person told me something different and I guess I have to take a moment and say Michael B. was 100% right.  He told me (and I quote him): “my prediction? by the end of the year you will have run another marathon. i'm just sayin'” …. well, Michael were right! :o)

206 days till race day!  Time to get running and moving and ready for this!   …Just checking another race off my marathon bucket list.

3 comments:

  1. Thats crazy that it fills up so quickly. But congrats on getting in. It should be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I found out I didnt get into NYC so I just signed up for MCM!

    ReplyDelete