Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Round Up(s)

The last two weekends have been exhausting.  Fun.  But exhausting.  Needless to say, I am very happy to have my house and my husband back and all to myself.  I normally do not mind entertaining and having people in town.  And I didn’t mind it this time either – but when you’re hauling a bowling ball around you just get tired more often and don’t really have the opportunity to just relax and catch up on your DVR.  … but the long month has just begun …

2 weeks ago we had Kyle’s mom and step dad in town from Thursday – Tuesday and if I thought it was hard to entertain before, add work + being pregnant to the mix and it makes it a tad harder.  Truthfully, we did not do a lot.  We went to Stone Mountain on Saturday to sight see, but that is about it.  Kyle and I spent the whole time  talking about how we cannot wait for McKenna to get old enough for us to take her there to ride the Duck boat and play in the bouncy barn and do all those other fun events.  But we rode the tram to the top of the mountain {kyle worried about me falling on the uneven terrain the whole time} and then just walked around the park.  Surprisingly, I lasted a long time before getting the sore feet.  Victory.

This past weekend I had my bestie Heather in town from Tuscaloosa and that weekend was too fun.  I love that our friendship is so good that we can just sit on the couch and catch up and we don’t consider it boring. I got to meet her boyfriend, who I really liked and Heather showered McKenna with so many pieces of clothing it is insane and it is all just too cute.  {Between Heather and my aunt, McKenna has a better closet than I do!!}. 

Saturday we went to the Braves game and that was a long day. We got to the game at 3:30 PM for a tailgate and then left around 10:30/11:00 PM.  There was a rain delay for the game due to the sudden downpour and since I think I have a pinched nerve in my back {per. Dr. Google} and the most comfortable position for me is standing up – my feet were swollen and I was cranky by the time we left.  However, when the rain finally did stop I was never so grateful to get in the stadium and sit my butt down even if my back did hurt from time to time!  The Braves ended up winning {Go Bravos} and Kyle and I talked about how we cannot wait to take McKenna to a game and buy her a foam tomahawk so she can chop and it was overall just a good time.  I know Heather, her boyfriend, and Kyle had a fun time with my friends and some people we tailgated with last summer.  And that is what we were looking for – a fun, good time. And who doesn’t have a good time when they have a built in designated driver! 

bravescollag

Sunday I did not get out of bed {true story} because my feet were so swollen.  I kept them elevated, I took 2 naps, read a bunch of my book, watched some TV, and then passed out at 10:00 PM.  Actually – Kyle and I did go to dinner for Mother’s Day and he got me a shoe organizer {for my nesting} and I organized my shoes – but other than that I did not get out of bed.

This upcoming weekend we have the 5k, which at this point I am 100% playing by ear and may just hang out at the finish line and cheer my brother and husband on.  Game Time Decision. And then I have my friend’s birthday dinner and we are trying to plan a puppy play date with the neighbor dog for Sunday. 

…in baby news….

McKenna is currently 32 weeks old – meaning we have 8 more weeks to go.  However; she is measuring 34 weeks – 2 cm larger than her gestational age … tomorrow I have an appointment and if she is still big they will order a sizing ultrasound to determine why she is so big.  My vote: my husband and I are tall people; therefore, we will have a tall child. But, the doctors are not worried so I am not.  We are going to buy the baby monitor this weekend probably and we need to get our car seat installed.  We ordered the last item of décor for her nursery and I cannot wait the 6-8 weeks for it to come in.  It is amazing and the care that the Etsy seller put into perfecting what we want was amazing!! The car seat and extra base are in our possession, we just now need to get it installed in our car. 

All in all, life is good. cannot complain. we did redo our laundry room so expect a post about that soon.  but life is good!

2 comments: