Thursday, May 29, 2014

Things I am Loving Thursday

I have seen this on a few blogs lately and one of my favorites The Pink Growl does this Thursday post frequently so I decided to step away from all things baby and share some things I am loving lately with you all! =D

paperbackswap.com
I wouldn’t call myself an avid reader, but I do like to read but I hate used bookstores and I hate how books are pricey and I will only read them once.  I swap books with a coworker, but once I get them back they literally collect dust on my bookshelf at home. Until now.  Kyle somehow came across paperbacswap.com & then passed the word onto me. Basically – you post books you want to get rid of and then people ask for them. You purchase a label and then mail the book and are given 1 credit. 1 credit = 1 book and then you can request books from other members.  You can also put books on a wish list and when the book becomes available you can have it sent to you {if you have a credit}. I am loving it right now because I am able to get books I want and then get rid of books I no longer need! I totally recommend it if you like to read and you don’t hoard books like my husband does! JOIN HERE

erin condren life planners
this obsession is not new – but with the hype around the 2014 – 2015 planner right now I am reminded how much I rely on my planner and would die without it.  I know they tend to be a little bit bulkier than most people like, but I only get a 12 month calendar vs. the 18 month calendar and have found it to be less bulky.  They’re a bit pricey but totally worth it.  I think they are supposed to be released the 2nd week of June so mark your calendar and if you want to flip to the dark side, you can purchase a LP right HERE! {if you’re a new customer and you use that link you get $10.00 off} You can see mine get pretty packed, but it keeps my head on straight!

eccollage

Lee Brice – “I Don’t Dance”
I don’t know why – but I cannot get enough of this song.  I pretty much have it on repeat in my car and I just really like it.  If I was getting married this year – I would 100% make this my first dance song.

short work weeks
even though I have been fairly busy this week because it was a 4 day work week I really could work 4, 10 hour days and have a 3 day weekend every week. I don’t 100% know what I would do with the extra day – but I would find something to fill my time. How would you spend your time if you had a 3 day weekend, every weekend?!

schools are out for summer
I LOVE SUMMER IN ATLANTA. Mainly because my insanely long 400 south crawl is cut pretty much in half because there ain’t no one of the roads, son! I can leave the house at 7:20 AM and be at work by 8:00 AM and hit pretty much only one area of traffic.  When before, I had to be out the door by 7:00 at the latest to arrive anywhere between 8:00 and 8:30 AM.  Hello Open Roads!

surprise baby gifts
We came home from work this week to a box with a big pink bow on our front porch and it was a baby gift from my parent’s friends who live in Athens, GA. The box was full of cute little monogrammed things like a burp cloth that I feel like is too cute to have a kid spit up on, an adorable stuffed bunny, and also a little baby blanket bunny toy.  it was such a surprise to come home to and it was so thoughtful of my parent’s friends to drop it by.  Too bad they dropped by on a Wednesday when we were both at work – it would have been fun to see them!

I am sure there are other things I am “loving” right now – but my back hurts.  Hello pregnancy and I want to crawl in bed and  read.  Therefore, I am cutting this short!

Happy Friday Ya’ll!


2 comments:

  1. Oh! Thanks so much for sharing that book swap. I used to do swap.com but they no longer do just books and it's not the same. Signing up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to have to check out the book swap site! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete