Tuesday, May 20, 2014

33 Weeks // #minddump

I am officially 33 week – well 33 weeks and 3 days if you want to get all technical. She is evidently the size of a cauliflower blossom {but way cuter according to kyle} and her bones are getting harder and about 4-6  pounds. I just cannot believe how fast time is flying by and how we have a little under 7 weeks left. 7 weeks is not a lot of time and I am beginning to feel very very unprepared.  #umiamgoingtobeamomsoon

we have our 1st baby class this weekend.  which is the baby essentials class and hopefully after that I will have a little more confidence. but I do keep telling myself that if those girls on Teen Mom can do it, then Kyle and I can more than do it.  We have our heads on straight and we’re not 16 years old and on drugs. WEEEEE. Good TV MTV, Good TV. #learnaboutbeingaparentin4hours

The nursery is 98% done. Still waiting on 1 last décor item for the nursery, but we knew that it would come down to the wire in receiving it due to late ordering on our part and how they hand make to order.  We ordered at 31 weeks and knew that there was a 6-8 week wait till it shipped.  But – I believe it will be well worth the wait.  The Etsy seller was absolutely amazing & we cannot wait to see the finished project. #bestnurseryever

The car seatmulligan is installed in the back of Kyle’s car and we have a base installed in the back seat of my car – ya’ll, we have a car seat. And people – those things are heavy and there is not a kid lounging in it yet!!!! We are having a real life baby. Now when you look into one of our Jeep’s there is limited seating. After about 452180 calls to the fire house that went unreturned, I hope that thing is installed correctly. Mulligan got in my car when we were installing the base. Poor kid will need to learn to share his backseat. And not trample the baby during his barking fits.  Side note: Mulligan never got in Kyle’s car during the installation process. Why you ask?! Because Mom is way more fun and her car leads to fun car rides to day care and the vet and he gets to see more of the outside world and bark at more things.  So my car > Kyle’s car.  #truestorymomisbetter

I am stalking our baby registries and need to stop. Granted we have not had our shower yet, but the money we are about to spend to basically get the basics is being added up in my head.  Kyle and I were talking about how we are going to systematically finish off the registry with the coupons we have from babies r u and buy buy baby and then with the registry completion cards we have + look on amazon – so we should score some pretty good deals – and we LOVE a good deal.  We are going to get the necessities first – the bottles and diapers and wipes and baby monitor and towels and pacifiers and rock and play and bathtub – then move onto the “nice to haves” and the other age appropriate things {bouncers, jumpers, etc…} at the right age. Plus at like 5 months, it will be Christmas and lets be honest – McKenna is going to be a spoiled little princess baby so things that we need around the 5 month mark would be good Christmas ideas for her.  #babiesareexpensivelikewoah

We have started packing the hospital bag.  And we are actually kind of behind on this one and at a total loss of what we really need vs. think we need.  Kyle has made all sorts of checklists based on Google searches.  I need to go to the store and buy the necessities this weekend and then legit pack the bag and have it ready to go.  Plus, we need to pack Kyle a bag since he will have to stay over night with me and the bambino. We also need to pack a diaper bag at some point.  When does one do that?! #somanybags #dohospitalshaveluggagecarts

Kyle had me open my “push gift” a this past weekend and he got me an amazing camera.  Just what I wanted.  I didn’t want a piece of jewelry that I may not wear in a few years.  I wanted something logical and practical and I didn’t want to capture moment on an iPhone that could get lost or stolen at any time.  #paparazziparents

but seriously. if you’re a parent. clue me in on that hospital bag thing! What do I need – what do I not need.  And what are the baby necessities that we 100% need to buy the weekend after our shower?!

No comments:

Post a Comment