Sunday, April 20, 2014

McKenna’s Nursery Reveal

 McKenna’s room is pretty much DONE!  And that is a big sigh of relief to me because I wanted the nursery done by the end of May and our May is a little hectic and overwhelming.  I love how it all just came together so easily and how simple and clean it looks.  I do have to brag on my husband a little bit – he was such a trooper.  it was a long day of crib assembly {with Kennesaw in the way 98% of the time} and hanging things on the wall.  But he never once complained and I think he is proud of the work he did. And it all seriousness, I think she has one of the better rooms in the house.  Already a spoiled little princess! Now, I just cannot wait to get her home and in her room.

I absolutely love our crib.  I am so glad the debacle around the crib {and nursery} set was resolved …. even if it did take me writing a scathing review on Yelp.  Oh well.  The cream color looks good with the gray and pink and I love love love the engraved detailing of the little flowers.  I do hate mesh bumpers and think they are total distraction, but Land of Nod doesn’t make the big pretty bumpers and evidently non-breathable bumpers = bad.  But.  I still think they are a total eye sore.  We wanted to put McKenna’s name of the crib, but with the letters being white and the crib being cream we now are hunting for what to put over the crib.  Ideas are welcome!

crib

Crib & Nightstand : Koo Koo Bear Kids, Dolce Babi Bambino // Bedding: Land of Nod, Hop to It

I just LOVE this wall.  And I have to pass the credit onto Kyle for the idea of putting M’s name of this wall.  I love these curtains and how they look on the pink wall.  When we hung them last week Kyle and I both immediately thought that they looked so good against the pink wall.  And we all know that K and I are pretty much obsessed with the glider.  And then the addition of her name on the wall just works.

McKenna Wall

Curtains: Land of Nod // Glider: Babies r Us // Letters: Babies ‘r Us.

I LOVE our dresser / changing table.  Again.  I am so glad the debacle around the nursery furniture was resolved and I am slightly obsessed with the mirror.  We like how the pink wall is reflected in the mirror and adds a little more pink to the room.  Another project will be to wash, organize, and put away little baby clothes and socks and mittens.  I need to order the drawer organizers from IKEA that I really like and we need to decide if we are going to do a diaper caddy or use one of the top drawers for supply and diaper storage to keep it all out of the way.  I am leaning towards using a drawer.  After all, I don’t think she will need ALL that drawer space yet.  Right?! FYI: babies are so small.

big picute

Dresser: Koo Koo Bear Kids, Dolce Babi Bambino // Mirror: Pottery Barn Kids // Changing Pad Cover: Land of Nod // Lamp: Target circa 2008

I saw this idea on Pinterest and we needed a place for books and extra storage and I really liked this idea.  And it looks clean and put away and is just what we needed – great storage for swaddling blankets and extra sheets and her books and toys anything else we need to store. I do need to get one more pink bin.

cubbies

Cubbies: Target

We also have an apothecary jar on her night stand to store pacifiers {and need to stock up on some pacifiers to fill it!} and need to figure out what to put over the crib.  But, I love that the room is basically done and that it looks so very very good.  I cannot wait to show it off to Kyle’s parents when they come in town in a few weeks and then to my bestie Heather when she is in town and then my parents and brother as they visit!

And… now we have to go onto our next project.  Which Kyle thinks is laying down grass seed or sod from all the juniper he pulled.  I believe it is a laundry room make over.  Flip a coin – heads: yard work … tails: laundry room!?  We also need to get new furniture for our living room to move the old couch to Kyle’s man cave so we can have our big “family space” and the love seat into the random sitting room we have.  I feel like we need to play the lotta and hit the jackpot!

1 comment: