Wednesday, April 30, 2014

May. You’re Packed.

this month is going to be NUTS. and I mean NUTS. we have something on the books pretty much every weekend this month. There is one weekend that is 100% free and unscheduled, but I know we will make it busy.   Is it too early to be grateful that it is a 5 weekend month – even though that really will not make a difference.

WEEKEND NUMBER ONE:
Kyle’s Mom and Step Dad are coming to Georgia to visit.  We will have them in town all weekend (+ a few work week days), not sure what all is on the schedule or what we are going to do.  at that point, I will be 31 weeks pregnant – so who knows how I will be feeling, but I am hoping for good! I have been feeling good 90% of the time so far but I am also well aware that my luck can turn whenever.  But we will have to get the grocery shopping and laundry in the mix somehow which is always a challenge when you have people in town.  But. it will be good  to see them and I know kyle will enjoy having them in town and catching up.

WEEKEND NUMBER TWO:
This weekend is going to be oh so fun.  Not that having Kyle’s family in town won’t be fun.  But by bestie Heather is coming in town and we are going to the Braves game with a group of people & we get to meet her mysterious boyfriend.  And… this is her 1st Braves game so of course we have to make a big deal of it.  …and they have a built in DD!  Plus – it will just be fun to hang out and catch up with her.  I adore her and do not see her enough!! 

WEEKEND NUMBER THREE:
We have Kyle’s 1st 5K on the schedule and I am planning on walking it with a good girlfriend of mine.  Granted – it is in the morning and we will have a full afternoon I am pretty sure Kyle and I will need a nap afterwards.  That is after we probably grab brunch.  from there – we need to get the car seat installed in our car (WHAT?!) in case anything happens and we need the car seat before July.  Then that night is my friend Afton’s birthday bash – dinner, drinks, and dancing.  And seeing how I will be 33 week pregnant at that point and exhausted from the 5K, I think I will be excusing myself after dinner.  And this will be the 1st weekend with a free Sunday, so I predict I will be working around the house and Kyle will do yard work on Sunday.

WEEKEND NUMBER FOUR:
We have our first baby class – the baby essentials one that teaches you well, all the baby essentials.  Like bathing, feeding, soothing, diapering, dressing, all that jazz.  it is only a 3 or 4 hour class on Saturday, but I think it starts pretty early.  Sunday is unscheduled so far – which is good.  But it will be used for errands and chores around the house and yard work and baby stuff more than likely.  This is a shorter class so we will have lots more time on Saturday to do other things. 

WEEKEND NUMBER FIVE: 
Saturday is an all day event at Northside Hospital.  We have our birthing  class from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.  So Saturday is shot.  The poor pups will have to be locked up all day long – and by locked up I mean have free reign of the upstairs.  Sunday is a free, unscheduled day but well. I think you know how it may be spent.  Yard work. Errands. Baby Stuff.  Plus this is a holiday weekend and we wanted to go see if we can get  a furniture deal to work on turning Kyle’s man cave into our family play room. 

our May is pretty action packed and revolves a lot around the baby.  which is to be expected as we are in the home stretch {which is crazy to me because I feel like we were just announcing the news}.  But. I think we will have time to fit some other things in.  I still want to do the laundry room make over, but I predict that being tabled till June {if done at all} because May is full and I cannot see us fitting in IKEA unless we go on a Sunday.  But… with all this on the schedule, May will just FLY by.

No comments:

Post a Comment