Sunday, April 13, 2014

hey there 3rd trimester!

as of yesterday, I am officially 28 weeks pregnant and 28 weeks = third trimester and the quick downward spiral to having a baby before we know it.  Needless to say we are excited but a tab bit overwhelmed.  quick little update on how everything has been going.

baby bump picture:

since I now look pregnant and people are asking me “when are you due” versus just looking at me wondering – I thought I would share a baby bump photo with you. And there is a bump to be seen.  But everyone keeps mentioning how small my bump is for 28 weeks.  ….I will take those comments with a large smile on my face.

28weeks

 

how I have been feeling:

still feeling great.  I am swelling a little bit. it is starting to  get a little uncomfortable to sleep, but not too bad.  it is getting harder to get in and out a bed because our bed is so tall, but I am managing. my back has been hurting a bit. but overall, I am still feeling great. not really looking forward to the hot summer months though.  I have still been working out – FlyWheel, Blast900, dog walks all the jazz.  Last weekend I went to my first water aerobics class {and was the youngest person there} because I heard water aerobics is great for pregnancy and labor and I will be going again.  And I am thinking about prenatal yoga to help with the zen, breathing,  stress relief for labor.  Plus, it cannot hurt to be limber right?!

exciting moment:

Kyle FINALLY got to feel McKenna kick and move around last week and he loves to feel her swim and kick.  And man does she move.  it is the cutest thing ever to watch his face light up and perk up. he just asks “was that her” – but then he didn’t have to ask because she was kicking and karate chopping and swimming so much.  I know I have said this before, but he really is going to be an amazing dad.  the amount of love he has for her right now is too cute.

nursery update:

still no furniture. koo koo bear oh koo koo bear. We did get a phone call yesterday that the furniture was in Atlanta and we paid for the other half of it – now we just have to wait for the delivery company to call and schedule the delivery.  I changed the knobs on the closet doors last weekend, our pottery barn mirror came in last week, and Kyle hung the curtains and they look so so so good!

nurserycollage1

I cannot wait to actually have the nursery done so I can post those pictures!  Once the furniture comes we can get the McKenna on the wall over the crib and the mirror hung over the dresser and then decide what else needs to be done.  That may be like 2 weeks off, but I am antsy!!

…and I think that is basically it.  This has been a crazy time and everyday we are still amazed we are having a little baby and how fast it has flown by.  But I can say I have been so very very lucky that it has been so easy!  12 more weeks till baby! =D

2 comments:

  1. you look great!! I feel like, outside looking in, that it's flown by!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28 weeks already?! I feel like you just announced it. And your bump IS tiny :) I was a whale by 28 weeks.

    ReplyDelete