Friday, April 4, 2014

Five Things Friday

Week who knows what {I have lost count at this point} of the 80 mile round trip commute complete.  Unknown number of weeks to go. it was a long, tiring week – but, I survived! I am officially 26 weeks pregnant – 27 weeks tomorrow – and nearing the 3rd trimester. Which is crazy to me because I feel like we just announced our pregnancy! The nursery is painted and we are just waiting on the furniture delivery {which you all already know} to get to us and after that ordeal we should have it within the next 2 weeks.

(1) A few months back I told Kyle that I would run his first 5K with him and we would make it easy.  We would run the one that I run every single year – The Brookhaven Bolt – the one that was my first 5K and then make it his first 5K. ….well I had thought it was in March, nope. it is in May. When I am 33 weeks pregnant. Looks like he is running his first 5K and I will potentially walk the 5K depending on how I feel – or I will be his personal cheerleader and may even make him a sign! =D  I do have a good girlfriend who plans on walking it while pushing the stroller sooooo I may just join her.  Again, if I am feeling up to it.  Right now, I feel great.  But May and potential heat + humidity + hills and 33 weeks.  We shall see!

(2) Not sure is this is considered “nesting” but I have a sudden urge to redo our laundry room.  there is nothing specific about it that bugs me, but I would like to get a better shelving system above the washer and dryer and then a better storage space.  Currently – we have a bedside table in a corner with a basket on top of it and it is just driving me a little nuts.  I have been eyeing the “expedit” line at IKEA.  We bought a bunch for K’s man cave and now I want to bring it to the laundry room too.  Plus there is one long one that we can mount on the wall and then use baskets to conceal things versus the wire shelf thing we have that is messy and driving me nuts.  Another project for Kyle J – he will be thrilled – but can I remind him how much I love him and how much he loves being handy and being able to say “hey! I did that!”.  but other than mounting the shelf on the wall and putting things together it is really a project for me.  So….. ….lets go to IKEA and make this happen.  {expect a future blog post and the revamp}

(2a) I actually have a really strong urge to do a lot of organizing.  Like I want to organize under all our cabinets.  And our pantry.  I don’t know why but for some reason I feel like I am living in disorganization and that could not be further from the truth.

(2b) I also need to order the mirror for our guest bedroom. I found one that I really like at Ballard Designs, I just need to pull the trigger and buy it.  Not sure if it will go over the headboard or over the dresser. 

(2c) this has to be nesting. or boredom. maybe I need a hobby. 

(3) We had our 24 week appointment this a few weeks back and they moved my due date from July 10th to July the 5th.  We have may have a Yankee Doodle, Fireworks baby on our hands. Which has officially changed our plans in regards to which hospital we we will be delivering at, but oh well!  But… she is happy and healthy so far and everything is looking good.  I officially look pregnant.  People are now starting to ask when I am due versus the odd, is she or isn’t she look.  Kyle still has not been able to feel her kick – which is a bummer – but she gets shy when he is around. 

(4)  Speaking of McKenna – which is all I seem to speak or think about now a days.  I have actually picked out a few birth announcement designs for July.  Of course our photographer is picked, secured, and all that jazz. Now I just need to decide which announcement I like the most. I am beginning to think I may be a crazy planner.  Opinions are more than welcome.  Comment on which one you like the most.

birthannouncementcollage

(5) On Wednesday I went to the gas station and lost my car keys.  True story.  Somehow in-between swiping my Kroger card for discounted gas & getting in my car to clean some trash out I lost my keys.  I looked for about 10 minutes before calling Kyle.  When he pulled up with the spare & to help me look there was an old man digging through the trash.  And Kyle opened the passenger door only to find the keys about 14 seconds later in-between the center console and the passenger seat with the key chain thing “clearly visible” (according to kyle). I am going to blame that on exhaustion and pregnancy brain! =/

No comments:

Post a Comment