Sunday, October 7, 2012

Corn maze. pumpkins. fair food. date.

Every year Kyle and I go to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins, shoot corn from the air cannons, ride the hayride and get lost in the corn maze. And since yesterday was Alabama’s off weekend – we thought it would be the best weekend to go!

It took awhile to get there because Kyle took his sweet time getting ready {he got distracted by video games and then his book} but when we finally did we were OFF!  We knew the corn maze started the day and we ended the day with pumpkins! But we got distracted by the corn air cannons and went there first. And... neither one of us hit the target {we blame the wind} so no one walked away with bragging rights this year!

pumpkinpatch

We then ventured down to the corn maze. And we like this pumpkin patch – even though it is in the middle of nowhere - because of the corn mazes. We FLEW through the 3 corn mazes this year – mainly because I was complaining the whole time about being hot. I know. Me complain? Never.  I got us lost a few times because I kept insisting we needed to find the front {duh} and didn't account for dead ends.

When we got out of the corn mazes we were supposed to hop on the hayride {there is order and structure to the pumpkin patch trip} but they were not happening because of the pig races.  We didn’t get to see the pig races last year so we wanted to see what all the fuss was about. and i have to admit, it was so cute. 4 pigs racing around a track, jumping into a trough of water for a swim ... we definitely we not in Atlanta anymore. But it was cute and entertaining.

pigraces

The green pig won 2 out of the 3 races.  Once that fun was over we went to the hayride and it was full. So we decided to wait for the next ride. And then the next ride was going to be a “trial” ride {empty} to see if they discovered a better route. And knowing we would have to wait 30 more minutes, we decided to call it a day.

We picked out pumpkins because leaving and when I spotted my pumpkin it was such a mission to get it i lost a shoe. My eye catching pumpkins is a 16 pounder. Kyle’s weighs 29 pounds. And I broke my own rule of not getting a pumpkin you cannot carry. It started to get heavy as we were walking to the car.  {totally forgot to get pumpkin holding pictures!}

But what I learned at the pumpkin patch is that my husband LOVES fair food. He wanted a hot dog and a hamburger and a bbq sandwich and fries and a funnel cake and kettle corn .. but i only let him have kettle corn, fries, a bbq sandwich and we split a funnel cake. We also realized that two 20-somethings are really out of place at a pumpkin patch without kids. oh well.

1 comment:

  1. You can borrow my kids next time haha.

    I think we are going to the pumpkin patch next weekend! I'm hoping to find one like the one you went to. :)

    ReplyDelete