Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Crafternoon Project!

Kyle and I only have sentimental ornaments on our Christmas tree.  Every year Kyle and I give each other an ornament as a Christmas gift. Others have been bought and given to us by family, handed down from our family's Christmas tree, or bought on vacations.  A month or so before our wedding I saw a Christmas ornament made out of a wedding invitation and I knew that we needed one on our tree!! 

I had found a woman on Etsy who would make me one and I was ready to do that after our wedding, but then my friend Amanda told me that she had made one with her girlfriends and that they were so easy to make.  After she told me how, I figured that I could totally do that, and I am so excited about how my little Pinterest "crafternoon" project turned out. 

And, Amanda was so right.  It was super easy.  All I needed was the clear glass ornaments from Hobby Lobby (the top pops off and then back on).  Then you take your program or invite or whatever and then cut it up into strips and then roll them around a pencil or pen and then drop them into the ornament.  See.  So, super easy.

Next I am going to make one of our wedding invitation, but I do not think it will look as good.  This ornament took like 2 programs (4 sheets total) and then one more to make it so full.  And our wedding invite was small and square.  Makes me wish so many had not gotten lost in the mail and that I had more to cut up. ....But I only have one.  But I will make it work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment