Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Random Blabbery

I feel like it has been awhile since I blabbed and blabbed and I feel like this is a good way to give people a quick run down on our lives.  And with that... here I go.

  • I am now a Shanahan.  No longer a Vines.  2 months after the wedding, I dragged myself to the Social Security office and legally changed my name.  Honestly, it was painless.  I was in and out.  But it was the end or an era and kind of sad.  There is no longer any Vines in my name.  I am officially Barbara Ann Shanahan.
  • We have not merged bank accounts yet though.  I am trying to get everything done before we do that.  And I thought of being put on an allowance does not make me a happy happy lady.  I save more than I spend already so why do I need an allowance?!
  • I did try to go to the DMV (or whatever they call it here in Georgia) and they were closed thanks to the Memorial  Day holiday.  Blah. I guess I will try and go on a lunch break - or just suck it up and go early early Saturday morning.
  • My birthday is this week. Wahoo for 28. 
  • I am so excited to be getting my Tory Burch earrings from Kyle.  Weeee cannot wait to wear them all the time.
  • Am I allowed to gush over something else that I really really want for my birthday!?!?  Of course I can, this is my little world.  Erin Condren - I love her and her life planner - but now I REALLY want her recipe cards and dividers for my recipe box.  They're just too cute and since I am moving all my recipes from my Dad's binder to this box and then adding all the good Pinterest recipes, I feel like this is much needed.  And the dividers are way more fun than the boring Crate and Barrel ones that came with the box.
  • Speaking of Erin Condren :: her life planner is holding me together in 2012.  I cannot wait to see the new ones for 2013 when they're introduced in June.  And then I cannot wait to order one in December.
  • Our Memorial Day long weekend was slow and relaxing.  Lunch with one of Kyle's old work friends on Saturday. Nothing but errands and lounging on Sunday. And (like the good wife that I am) I took Kyle to see the Avengers on Monday.  And now it is Wednesday and I am back at this work thing.
  • We did have my brother over for Dinner on Monday and I am going to brag a little - I was impressed with my BBQ Chicken making skills and my ability to make corn on the cobb.  But I was most exicted about using wedding presents!!
  • We now need a kitchen table!
  • But I am not going to lie, I would have killed to be at the beach or a lake.  Kyle and I need to strike rich so we can get a lake house.  And then retire.  But more realistically, get lake house, work work work, and then retire on a lake.  Le Sigh.  That.Is.The.Life.  {Yes I realize we're in our 20s and thinking about retirement already}
  • Work. Is going well.  Busy, per the usual.  But good.  And I love 4 days work weeks!!!
  • Mullligan and Kennesaw are good.  Mulligan is FINALLY over his killer stomach bug, but he did something to his back paw. He isn't limping but he is for sure licking it which normally means there is an issue.  He may have been free but maintaining his health has been expensive. They did have a little "run in" with the Internet and now it is all jacked up and Kyle cannot play his video games.  But..... hopefully with Comcast coming out on Saturday they can fix that.
  • Speaking of Comcast - per the usual they have been awful to deal with.  Horrible customer service and they are talking to Kyle like he is a moron and now they have this rule that if a tech comes out and does not fix the problem we get charged $50.  Yeah.  Great Customer Service.  And a $50 fee for a tech to come out. ....we just may be going elsewhere.  Anyone in Atlanta have Internet suggestions?!
  • I have been thinking about running another race with the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.  I just don't want to fund raise and beg people for money again.  But the cause is such a good one.
  • Oh. And no, there will not be a Shanahan baby this year.  For some reason everyone keeps telling Kyle and me that "we're next".  Kyle also got asked if he would be celebrating Mother's Day next year.  Yes, yes he will be and we have been celebrating Mother's Day for 3 years thanks to our dogs.  There will be a baby at some point.  Give us some time to figure our lives out.
  • I am kinda grateful May is over.  May was a busy month in the life of me.  Lots of projects for work - trip home to VA - lots of errands and getting things together - and a work trip.
Good Times!  I hope everyone is having a good week and loving that it is short just like I am.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment