Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Really People Really?!

18 more days then the madness is over.  I am unsure how I am going to handle the next 18 days - especially since my patience for people with stupid questions has always been thin.  And to add to it I am working everyday. Then traveling for a week. Then have a huge afternoon long meeting I have to plan and lead.  I have a life too and I am only taking off the Wednesday - Friday before my wedding and yes those 3 days are JAM PACKED.

And Bridezilla Go....

So you forgot to reserve your room in the block and the special pricing isn't available.  Nope.  No I cannot "swing any deals for you" ... nor do I know how or why this is my responsibility.  You had over a month to get your room.  My parents paid to have little cards printed up that told you where the hotel is and a phone number and a web address. You were notified and educated on what you needed to do.  I also sent out a mass Facebook message if I knew you were coming in town and had not booked you room. And I ordered all the welcome bag stuffers on Saturday because that's when my wedding coordinator at the hotel gave me the final room count.  So no. No you cannot get in the block.

Oh what?  The hotel is 100% booked on Saturday night.  Again.  Not my problem.  There are other hotels in McDonough. Yes, it does suck that you cannot take advantage of the shuttle, but again - you had over a month to plan!!

Ok you're flying in!  Yay!  So excited to see you.  But no, no my parents are no paying for a car service to drive you from the airport to McDonough and then back to the airport. Enterprise tends to be cheaper than Hertz.  But I don't know about Alamo or Avis or Budget.  But I am sure you can price shop.

Bed Bath and Beyond. Crate and Barrel. Bed Bath and Beyond. Crate and Barrel.Bed Bath and Beyond. Crate and Barrel.

Yes.  There will be a hotel shuttle from the hotel to the venue and back.  Yes, it is a mini van that says Marriott on it.  No we did not get a bus.  Yes, the mini van will need to make trips.  But no we did not get a bus.  That would have been one expensive waste of money.

No I cannot drive you around Atlanta.  I am in a wedding.  My wedding.  I have things to do, places to be, and people to see.  Once again.  Enterprise. Hertz. Avis.

No I will not go out and "party" with you on Friday.  Again, I am in a wedding.  My wedding. I want to look BEAUTIFUL on my wedding day - not like a hot mess.  If you want to "party" with me.  The Bachelorette party is on St. Patrick's Day in Atlanta.  I can get you in touch with my maid of honor for details.

I do not care if you paint your nails.  There will not be a nail painting party.  Paint them navy to match your dress or get pink or purple or french tips.  I really do not care.  Nor do I care if you do your hair or if a professional does it.  Just please, do not look like a hot mess.

Yes there will be beer and wine.  No you may not bring in liquor. If you do and I find out ... I have your address and will send an invoice for that bourbon beverage you made.

Seriously people -- I have had more wedding stress in like 4 days than I have in 16 months.  Knock it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment