Sunday, February 13, 2011

three truths.

1. I am WAY out of shape.  my 2.53 mile run today was ROUGH.  I must get a work life balance and I must get running into my life again.  The loop I ran I can normally run it 2,3 times easily... today 1 was a challenge.
2. I think I do not like the Nike Frees.  I know they're not supposed to have a lot of padding because they're supposed to be like running barefoot, but they hurt my right arch. 
3. Running on the treadmill makes you think you can run more than you can.  Add the random elevation changes and sudden gusts of wind and man it is a whole different running experience.  I think I re-realize this each time the winter starts to fade.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same belief about treadmills...I always have a harder and slower run when I first switch to outdoor running. The great thing about running is how quickly your body readjusts and how great you fill when you start building up the endurance again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I feel the same way about the Nike Frees. They are great for beating around town though! And I totally understand how you feel about the whole work life balance. I have a 5k this weekend that I am totally unprepared for!

    ReplyDelete