Wednesday, February 2, 2011

sticking to the goals. and my guns.

The Chicago Marathon registration opened this week.  The few friends I do have in Chicago from college and 1 from high school are marathoners too (YAY) and they wanted me to do it A LOT.  But if you remember, I said NO MARATHONS IN 2011.  ....and it was hard to say no. and no again. and no some more.

I want to run Chicago.  Just not this year.  My job is SO busy that I cannot even fit in a bathroom break more than 2 times a day (and man do I drink water from my SIGG water bottle) so how would I fit in marathon training.  Plus one of my greatest and bestest friends is getting married the following Saturday so I can't miss 2 weekends of football and I cannot waddle down the aisle!

So I said no.  But mark my word.  Chicago in 2012. Doing it. And that is a promise.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea waiting until 2012, it will be there when you are ready! I will only be 3 hours from Chicago in 2012, I will come root you on lady!!

    ReplyDelete