Saturday, February 12, 2011

Running Quotes thanks to Dean Karnazes

It is no secret that Kyle and I are mid-move.  And if you're a good mover, you purge A LOT of things.  The people at Goodwill will know my name by the time we're 100% settled in our new place.  But sadly, one of the many things I am trashing is my magazine collection which means about 10 months of Runner's World issues are being thrown in the dumpster tomorrow.

This last issues of Runner's World had a page of "wisdom" from Dean Karnazes.  If you do not know who he is, I have helped you out by sharing his Wikipedia bio/life story/running journey/whatever. But, he had some great Dean-isms that I wanted to share and never lose.

So with that, here you go.
  • Endurance never sleeps
  • Even if you're inches away from the finish, never take success for granted.
  • Endurance sports either strengthen a relationship or destroy it.
  • We runners don't need a lot. It is not what we have but what we enjoy that constitutes our abundance.
  • Regardless of how distant your dreams may seem, every second counts.
  • You cannot grow and expand you capabilities to their limits without running the risk of failures.
And my personal favorite:

"Running has an uncanny ability to mellow the soul, to take the edge off hard feelings, and put things back into perspective"

...and now the magazine goes into the trash...

1 comment: