Monday, February 21, 2011

Ragnar Update / Moving Plans

If you have been following my life you should know that this past weekend I moved.  Let me tell you, I am IN LOVE with our house.  It is bigger than I would like but it is so cozy and us and I am really pleased.  Though, we still have a lot to do to get it ready for my parents arrival next month!!  I will eventually post a crap ton of pictures, just wait for it.

moving plans.  with me being moved there are 2 things I am excited about and need to do.  1) Get a Stone Mountain season pass and make the run around Stone Mountain a weekly occurrence!  I am thinking Saturday mornings.  Erin. This is your formal invite.  2) Join Lifetime Fitness so I can reenter the world of swimming, spin class, and ellipticals.  Even treadmills  :: gasp::

ragnar. it is in june. and we just got our running routes. which means it is really happening. which means i need to start running and training so i do not let my team down. so if you don't know anything about ragnar it is 2 vans, 12 people, lots of miles, a relay race.  I am leg 11. we run 3 legs with varying lengths.   In total, I will run 17.8 miles.  5.5 miles then 4 miles then 8.3 miles.  Needless to say, I feel like I need a few 10 milers under my belt and lots of energy gels.  ...let the training begin...
I am having some ragnar fears. like running at night. like being kidnapped. like being hit by a car. like being stranded and something happening to me. like running when really tired.

7 comments:

  1. oh that would be so nice to run around stone mountain all the time. i've only been there once, but i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for Ragnar! Its gonna be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...I cannot wait for Ragnar!!! No kidnapping or being hit by cars will occur, however running while tired certainly will.

    If you use GU, don't buy it. I'm ordering 4 cases for our team thru GU's sponsorship program. $17 for 48 packs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same fears when I did Ragnar for the first time last year (NY ragnar). Believe me you will be fine!! I ran up a mountain in the middle of the night and it was so scary but amazing at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boom I am there. Let me know when you're ready to go. Perhaps we can split the cost of the pass for Stone Mountain. I can drive to the house and you can drive to the park :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Ragnar are you doing?? I love Ragnar, this will be my 3rd year doing the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay!

    kissyjensen at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog from a google search on the Charles Harris 10K. I'm also from the DC area (MD side) and live in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete