Thursday, February 10, 2011

two things thursday.

first i want to apologize for being so absent. yes. work. work is way in the way of my running and ability to be a runner. work keeps my head spinning and on top of it, kyle and i are gearing up for a move and moving takes A LOT of time and even more out of you.  ....so with that i give you 2 things thursday... rather than 3 things because i cannot even think of 3 things since my life is so consumed with work and the move.  so excited for happy hour with the girls tomorrow... it will be much needed & long overdue!

1. on monday, the 14th, kyle and i will have the keys to our new home.  :o)  we have been taking about a house and talking about a house and FINALLY we are getting one.  As exciting as it is, the whole process is overwhelming and expensive.  We have to pay the deposits and buy a washer and dryer (thanks best buy for 18 month financing) and a microwave and a kitchen table and pay the movers and get the old apartment repaired and cleaned. oi. the costs. but in the long run we're gonna have more space for the 3 of us and the wedding presents and mulligan will have a backyard!  but with that said. i shall share the 2 pictures of the house that i have. the front and the funky tin loving kitchen.

2. work has been crazy busy since the year kicked off. and it has been draining me. seriously. i think about nothing but work when i am at work and away from work. when i get home i am so tired that i want to do nothing but make dinner and sleep and the weekends. goodness. i am in awake by 11:30/12:00 and in bed by 10:00.  It has killed my motivation to run or work out.  i am planning on buying a year pass to stone mountain for 4 mile hilly runs and joining Lifetime Fitness once we move... I am just hoping with spring coming and the new gym (spin class and the pool) I can find my motivation again.  i need someone to seriously teach me a work/life balance. how do you people do it?! i want to try to figure out how to work it into my work day -- give me 1 hour per day to just check out, like i used to... but it is damn near impossible.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new house! What an exciting and scary new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the new home!! How exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is so cute! I love the tin in the kitchen :)

    If you figure out the work/running/life balance thing - let me know! I've been working 7am - 10pm everyday and it's killing me that I can't run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we moved into our first house in sept and it has been the best thing in life! i looooove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new house lady! I love the kitchen :)

    I have a demanding job 10 months out of the year, and I just go and do it. Regardless of how exhausted I am and how much work I need to get done, I just go. Work can wait an hour.

    ReplyDelete