Thursday, January 27, 2011

LET THEM EAT CAKE!

One of these days I am going to have to pick a wedding cake to serve my wonderful guests.  And by one of these days, I mean my 1st planning meeting with the bridal staff at my wedding venue. And I have narrowed the cakes down to two!  *Which for me is quite the accomplishment*   So!  To the right, you can see the 2 cakes I am deciding between.  The one of the left would be the choice IF we chose to do a cake topper and there would be zero flowers on the cake because I do not feel real flowers belong on a cake.  The other one is SO wickedly gorgeous I do not even have words.  And it fits the vintage funky anthropologie vibe I am planning to have my wedding resemble.   That thick base and belted fondant flower is to.die.for.  .....it all comes down to if they can replicate that.  GORGEOUS.  ....so yes, I am for sure leaning towards the cake on the right but if that will be "the one" it is still to be determined. 

Kyle has told me that he does not want a grooms cake because he does not like sharing his "personal details" with others... I wish I could surprise him with one but I wouldn't do that to him.  A southern tradition that will not be done at our wedding. sad.

Oh the decisions that are to be made.  I keep staring at pictures and magazines and blogs and need to stop.... because I just keep getting flooded with better images than the last!

1 comment:

  1. I don't get Kyle's comment at all. Why can't he have a Redskins Grooms cake? We all know he like them and what is so personal about that?

    Uninvite him to the patio for margs with us.

    ReplyDelete