Saturday, January 8, 2011

running goal two - started.

goal two. blast900. it is pricey but i want to do it at the minimum 2 times per month. it is a killer work out and can do/will do a lot for my stamina and running

I am off to a good start - now I just gotta keep it up.  This morning a friend and I went to Blast900 in Buckhead for a crazy hour worth of hill repeats, sprints, arms, legs, core, intervals, endurance training and much more.  We did everything in 5 minute intervals (5 minutes on floor then 5 minutes on the treadmill ... and you just keep rotating for a full hour) and used everything from hand weights to weighted balls. My arms were BURNING about 3 minutes in and I wanted to puke while doing core work. ...and in total, we probably ran about 2 miles on the treadmill.

 I have mentioned Blast900 a few times before, but if you're wondering what it really is this is their website. To be 100% honest, while you're there... it is hell.  But after the fact, you feel really worked out and if this does not help my running, by god I must not be pushing myself hard enough.

If you're in Atlanta and wanting to try it .... your 1st class is on the house. From there is it $28 per class so it is kinda pricey, but if you go HERE you can buy 3 classes for $34 rather than $84 and save yourself some cash.

I probably won't be there next weekend, but I will for sure be there in 2 weekends.

2 comments: