Thursday, January 13, 2011

three things thursday.

Hey Thursday.  This feels weird because up until today, I have not left the house since Sunday and no I do not have cabin fever.  Honestly, I am not even sure that today is really Thursday and if there wasn't a calendar to my right I would think today was Tuesday.

1.  I was out of work due to snow and ice on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. That my friends is a 5 day weekend.  And I managed to do NOTHING that I wanted to do.  The dog did not get washed (what a stinker).  I did not clean the bathrooms.  I did not start purging the crap that I have collected after 2 years of living in this apartment.  I did however, work from home a bit, lay in bed ALL day and watch The Millionaire Matchmaker, drink a few too many beers during the national championship [boo auburn], play Just Dance 2 on the Wii, and play with the dog.  ....wasn't a very productive 5 day weekend but I did enjoy being a bum with Kyle.  I did have to go to work today and let me tell you, I hate driving on ice.  At least this time I managed to not break the axle on my car OR pop a tire. baby steps my friends.  I will leave it at that.
2.  Even though there are 400+ days (that's over a year ya'll) till I get married, everyone has been bugging me about making a wedding website, but I thought those free sites from theknot.com and places like that are boring and not fun and with our families so far away, i decided to make a wedding website blog ... which will then turn into a newlywed blog / our life in georgia blog ... and maybe at some point a baby blog (maybe, babies freak me out).  SO if you care ... here is the link.  I am honestly going to try and keep up with that one more than I do the blog about our dog.
3.  Kyle and I found a rental house that we really really like and that lets you have pets (there are even doggie doors) and we decided to take the plunge and say bye to apartment living and hello to home living.  If our application is approved (and it is looking like it will be...fingers crossed) We move in February 15th, which means we need to pack and schedule movers and cleaning teams (thank goodness half depot has a coupon for steam cleaning). It is in Tucker, Georgia which gives me a longer commute but takes miles off of Kyle's (we're now basically in the middle) and it has a pretty good kitchen, a HUGE master bedroom and an awesome bathtub. =)  We're excited about this and I am REALLY excited about decorating and all the cabinet space and now we need to learn how to use a lawn mower.  Oi.

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me all the new wedding websites, etc out there. Makes me feel soooooooooooooooo OLD.

    YAY on the new rental property!!

    Happy THURSDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawn mowers aren't tough -- just make sure you don't wear open toed shoes! It's the weed-whacker that I never got the hang of. I was officially banned from using it after making way too many gashes in the front lawn.

    Enjoy the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the new pad! I will help you move and decorate :)

    Following the new blog woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following the new blog! I love all things wedding so I can live vicariously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how that works... that happened to me too. I didn't go to work till Thursday and I didn't get anything I wanted to done.... nothing!

    ReplyDelete