Monday, November 30, 2009

November. What happened?

For some reason or another I was a running failure in the month of November. Here I am, gearing up to run a freaking :: marathon :: in January and I am logging a measly 25 miles in 1 month. That is less that 1 mile per day. I was running more than that per month when I just started running after a full year off. fail.failure.failed. And don't tell me I am being too hard on myself. I am just trying to figure out what in the hell happened this month that kept me from doing any sort of 1 foot in front of the other. Sure, life happens but was I really that lazy to not run off stress and life? Ugh.

There is this awesome runner that I follow on Twitter (@runnersrambles) and I watch her blog and I think she is totally awesome. I don't know her or even know her name but she seems to know what she is talking about. But one thing she did for '09 was set some goals. So... I will do the same for 2010. But for now, how about some goals for December 2009? And here we go.
  1. 50 miles in December. five.zero.
  2. 5k complete on December 19th. Finish it in 33 minute.
  3. Run at least 4 days a week in my scheduled running time 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
  4. On the other 3 days - hit the elliptical 30-45 minutes each day.

Those are my goals. Now, I gotta stick to them. I need an incentive program. Like, I complete all 3 and I get to buy a new purse. Like the brown Marc Jacobs bag I am coveting from Bloomies. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment