Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Frusterations.

Disclaimer: I am just venting a bit. So feel free to pass on reading this blog entry. Granted, if you have any insight please share with me. I feel as if I am going to blow.

As the world knows (or should know by now) it now gets lighter in the morning earlier and darker later. This is a battle for Barbie. I love my bed plus it is still kinda dark at 5:30am. I work too late every night. Many nights I cannot even disconnect from work and I am working from home until all hours of the night. So the question is raised - when the hell am I supposed to run? How the hell do I get in marathon training type training runs.

I was planning on doing midday runs - but that is only 1 hour of my day. I can get in about 5 miles, but today I was scheduled to run 7. Many days I cannot even get out of the office for 1 hour because there is so so so much going on. I feel like at this point any miles and staying in shape is really really important but I also want to be building the miles and a great base for when I have to knock out 26.2 in a few months!!!

I hate the treadmill, but I am going to have to learn to love it and really honestly commit to long runs on Saturdays. I just have to be in better shape for Disney than I was for Nike and with having an entourage of 4 going to Orlando plus friends who live in Orlando attending the event to cheer me on ... I have to impress. I was thinking about running Zooma but then I learned it was this weekend and I thought it was next... which means I cannot run it. And next weekend is a 5k with my office ... but I need to be logging more than 3.2 miles next Saturday so I will have to double up the runs.

I guess I am just flustered and overwhelmed and do not even know where to begin or start. I need a breather.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you live in my world, but I have 3 girls and a wife to tend to. For me, the only way I can do this is first thing in the morning. As you start training you are going to HAVE to get up earlier. It's just a fact. Sounds like you are like me and it's nearly impossible to schedule a FULL run during the day or after work. Life and work is just to unpredictable. I did my long runs every Saturday because it was/is nearly impossible to get up any earlier during the week, run for 3-4 hours and then be productive at work (I tried it, didn't work out to well).

    Get a training plan that will have all your long runs on Saturday, and then stick to it. I get up early, but I am STILL not a morning person. If a marathon is what you really want to do, you don't have a lot of options with your schedule. I hope this helps!

    :0)
    **Jeff C. from Daily Mile.**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your frustration. I have a wife, 2 young kids who cannot be home alone, grad school, work, etc. What works for me is flexibility. Sometimes I run with the girls in a stroller. Sometimes I put on the headlamp, reflective gear and do my runs at night. Sometimes I get up a little early. Sometimes it is mid-afternoon. I have to have a plan though, because it affects what I eat and when.
    I hope you're able to find balance with your running life and non-running life.

    ReplyDelete