Saturday, November 14, 2009

Run for Justice 5k. Personal Best.

This morning was the Atlanta Legal Aid's Run for Justice 5k. I work for a staffing company here in Atlanta and man do we want to work with the legal community so we thought why not sponsor a legal affiliated race and network a little bit?! My two co-workers (Julie and Rebecca) and I decided to represent TRC well and were up bright and early for a little run around beautiful Decatur.

The course really was pretty and it was a nice one. Honestly, the course wouldn't have been that challenging had I not taken about a week and a half of of training and running. The hills dominated and slowed me down but when you go up you have to go down so I was able to make up time on the downhills. The 1st hill at this race really reminded me of the 2nd hill from the Nike Women's half. I know the ING goes through part of Decatur so I will get some hill training in for that ... but for now ... I have to focus on Disney and racking up the mileage!

I changed up my pre-race normality's. I swapped the 2 pieces of toast for a Luna Bar and 1 piece of toast and got there extra early to do a little pre-5k running and super stretches. Needless to say, I felt GREAT post race. I just may adopt this tradition going foward. If anyone knows where to get mini Luna Bars let me know - they handed them out at Nike and I would love them for Disney!

Finish time: 35:50 <-- just a 4 second improvement from my last 5k *which makes it a personal best for me* ... but hey ... I will take it!! Super big congrats to mike (who was an honorary TRC staff member) who placed 2nd in his age group. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment