Monday, December 14, 2009

marathon bucket list.

i know i have only run 1 half marathon and i am kinda sorta preparing for the Disney marathon in January. but let me tell you, i am hooked on the adrenaline rush of all the miles. i have decided that there are a lot of races i am interested in participating in, but i think one of the main reasons i sign up for race after race after race is because i want to see how well i can actually do if i take them seriously and train.

let me be real honest with the world - prior to running Nike in San Fran the most i had run in one swoop was 6.2 miles. i had to run 13.1 with killer hills. i survived. i loved it. now, i am gearing up to run/walk Disney in January. since running my half in October i have not run more than 6 miles. it is because i have been a slacker, i have been sick, and i have been overwhelmed with life. i got my most recent major miles in while home for thanksgiving, when i had no work and no responsibilities. funny how that works huh?!

i hope to have the opportunity to really take this running thing seriously once i knock Disney out and run on a schedule.

*once I run it, I will cross it out and add the link to the review and post race blog*

anyways. onto the races i really want to run in the future.

  • Disney Marathon (completed: 1.10.10 - 5:53:21)
  • Nike Woman's Marathon
  • ING Atlanta - Half. (completed: 3.21.10 - 2:36:53)
  • Georgia Marathon - Full
  • Kona Marathon
  • Surf City Marathon
  • Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon
  • Shamrock (VA Beach) Half Marathon
  • Rocket City Marathon
  • Critz Tybee Run. Half Marathon
  • Kiawah Island Half Marathon
  • Marine Corp Marathon
  • Philadelphia Marahon
  • Philadelphia Half Marathon
  • National Marathon
  • Baltimore Running Festival
  • NYC Marathon
  • BOSTON!
  • Chicago
  • LA Marathon
  • ING Miami
  • Kentucky Derby
  • ALL the 'rock and rolls' Arizona. VA Beach. Las Vegas, Chicago, Seattle, San Diego, San Antonio, Dallas, Philly, Los Angeles, Denver, San Jose, Nashville, and New Orleans.
I know this is quite a list. But I figure I have 20 or so years to knock it out. If you have any suggestions ... throw them my way. I will add to the list as I hear about more! :o)

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome list, I want to do a lot of those races too. I'm running my first half marathon in April and then hopefully I'll be doing RNR San Antonio in November. Good luck on your Disney Marathon, I can't wait to read about it, Disney is on my bucket list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add La Jolla half marathon. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's do Tybee one together! Isn't it next month or this month?

    ReplyDelete