Wednesday, December 16, 2009

hey flu. how are you?

so. lets have another moment of honesty real fast. *i like being honest with you followers of my amazingly lame blog*. i like to run. i really do. words cannot express the feeling i had crossing both the start and finish line of the Nike woman's half marathon (and my first). i like lacing up the shoes and hitting the pavement after a long day or an annoying conversation with my boyfriend. it is a great mind clearer and stress reliever. do i love to run? no. if i had to chose a visiting a cupcake shop and or running 6 miles, i would chose the cupcake shop. Granted, I would run 6 miles to the cupcake shop .. eat a cupcake .. and then call for ride home. ...i digress.. for once, i am itching to run. but cannot.

i am sick. flu. bacterial infection. sick. and i am more than half way to miserable. but i think it is so unfair that i have to be laid out, dying, when i want to run. Plus there is a 5k i wanted to run on Saturday and signed up for and paid for but now I cannot because of this crud. to make matters worse, it is a full week off running and my lazy ass just took a week off last week 'just because'. Oh hi marathon, i know you're quickly approaching. try not to kill me please, i kinda like my life. oh my endurance - i think it is dusty and in a corner somewhere ... i will find it before i line up at the start in Epcot ... I promise! :o(

looks like next week in DC I have A LOT of running to do. and a spin class or 4. merry Christmas?

3 comments:

  1. Barbie...hope you recover soon and startt "miling" asap!

    "XTB" Spanish lost in Hong Kong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you start feeling better real soon. It sucks paying for a race and then not being able to make it, especially if you've already gotten excited about it. Just rest and recover and you'll be up and running in no time.

    ReplyDelete